Answered

add open field to opinion scale?

• 3 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am looking to add an open field to my opinion scales, to people can add extra feedback if they want to.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 March 2021, 15:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @timpl. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I hear you! This would be super useful. However, you can't add an open field on the same page where the opinion scale appears.

As an alternative, you can add a short text question right after the opinion scale, asking if your respondents have extra feedback. Do you think that would work for you? :) 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Mariana for replying.

Just to be sure. You mean in the next slide a short text question? 

It means instead of 8 slights with opinion scales, I will have 16 slides (8x opinion scale + 8x short text question) no?

That’s a bit too much, as I like the keep my form as small as possible. Can we add this to a wishlist or so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@timpl - from a user here.. 

just a thought if this might work for you: and bear with my logic for a second

at the end of the questions, insert a summary page that says “ok, here is what you said about each question (in the description field using @recall and then including a long text answer box to allow them to provide more details on any and all of their answers. 

it isn’t perfect but it would give them an opportunity to add the details and only add one extra question to the survey.. 

my tuppence.

des

Userlevel 1

Cheers @john.desborough that’s already a more suitable option I think! 

Is there something like a wishlist for new updates? Because I think my feature can be interesting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @timpl you can add all your wishes here! :grinning:

Does anyone know if this feature was added / is possible? I am looking to accomplish the same as the OP. Build a long text option inside of an opinion scale question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wrestling145 This isn’t a feature we have or have plans to add in the future, but I would suggest using the workarounds above!