Question

Add value to variable, whats wrong here?

Badge

Se attached image. The @fel-variable is still 0 after this. Why?

12 replies

Badge

The image don't work. But the logic is:

If A – @fel + 1
If A – go to [2]

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ErikKilstrom Apologies for missing this! Do you mind attaching the image again? I’m unable to see it. Thanks!

Badge

Hi Liz,

This is how it looks. But the variable @fel do not get any points added. It ramains 0. 

The thing I want to do is keep track on how many wrong answers you get in i Quiz. When you answer wrong to go to a page with this logic och the only choice you have is to go back to the question and change your answer..

Badge

Forgot to tag you @Liz :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ErikKilstrom Thank you! It looks like you’re trying to send the respondent backwards in the form, which is most likely causing the issue. Can you ensure that your respondent is only moving forwards? 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,

I want to let the respondent know if he answers the question wrong and then let them re-do the qustion. This logic works in my setup (se picture). But i would like to keep track of how many times they answer wrong (the veriable @fel). If you have another idea of how to solve this please let me know! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ErikKilstrom Ah, got it. I’m afraid we don’t have an easy solution since looping a question doesn’t quite work with our scoring. 

@john.desborough did you create a workaround for this before? I can’t quite remember. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ErikKilstrom - can you show the logic on question 2 please. 

that will help me understand where to best place the logic rules. 

thanks

des

Badge

Hi @john.desborough ,

Se attached image. Can you add two if-things? 
If [A] or [C] – go to [3] AND add +1 to @fel? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ErikKilstrom - you should add the rule to add 1 to the variable if the wrong answer is received on q2 before it goes to q3… and remove the always add rule from q3

-on q2:

• if A or C (assuming these are incorrect answers) add 1 the variable
  • if A or C  go to q3

des

Badge

I tryed this before and it does not work.. If you answer A or C then @fel is 1 on Q3. But when you go back and re-enter the answer on Q2 it changes the previous logic och @fel becomes 0 when you move to S2.. 

Badge

Forgot to tag you @john.desborough :)