Skip to main content
Question

Adding different values to @score based on current and former question

• 13 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I couldn’t find an answer to this in the thread so I apologize if it’s been answered.

I’m creating a questionnaire that keeps a running total @score based on their selection throughout.  I’ve got it working just fine if I’m asking it to ‘Add’ a value to score for a single multiple choice answer.  I’m running into a problem on some of the questions that have different values based on their answer to a current question ‘and’ their answer to a previous question.  Here is a screenshot to help in case I’m not making myself clear.

Alternatively, using the example above, if they had selected ‘B’ on question 5 previously, 30 would be added to the score.  

The problem is that at the end of the quiz the total value is much more than it should be.  It’s clearly adding extra values somewhere.  Is it somehow re-adding scores from previous answers if I’m referring to the question again, like I am in Question 5 above?  I’m lost and any help you could provide would be very helpful. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eric78 Thanks for stopping by! Would you mind sharing all of the logics/calculations you have setup so we can see where the scores might be getting funky? Alternatively, you could ask our support team directly here, as they can log into your account. 

Most likely, one of the logics will need to be re-ordered, as that typically causes these issues.