Answered

Adding hidden fields to response options

• 10 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi!

My company has a number of different online marketplaces and we are planning to use Typeform to collect on-site CSAT feedback from customers across each marketplace. The surveys for each marketplace are exactly the same, the only difference is that the questions, and sometimes the response options often refer to the name of the particular marketplace. I added a hidden field called ‘market’ to the URL and have figured out how to pipe this into the question text. However there doesn’t seem to be an option to pipe text into the multiple choice options.

I feel like this leaves me with two suboptimal alternatives: 
1. Create separate CSATs for each marketplace - this is annoying because then I likely have to merge  all the data files at the end
2. Change the question wordings so that the marketplace is only referred to in the question and not the response options - I gave this a go, but now the questions sound a little weird to be honest. 

Does anyone know of any other solutions I could look into? 

Thanks a bunch!!!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 May 2022, 05:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@envato - currently there is no option/capability inside ‘native typeform’ to pipe hidden fields being passed into a form into the ‘labels’/answer choices. Nor can you use the answers from previous questions and pipe them into the labels/answer choices in subsequent questions 

des