Answered

Adding lists of columns to matrices

I’m creating peer reviews where peers need to accredit each others skills. To do this I want to use matrices that look something like this:

Who excelled in the following skills:

Bob        Eva        Henry       Jim

Skill 1        0             0              0             0

Skill 2        0             0              0             0

Skill 3        0             0              0             0

Now to do this once with a few names and columns is not really a problem. But since I need to do this with quite a large list of skills (~100). I want to divide them into categories and use multiple matrices to cover all of them. The problem I’m having is that for each matrix I need to fill in the same list of names by hand. Which becomes really annoying very fast. My question is: Is there a way to copy past a list of names into the columns so that I don’t need to do this by hand.

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 June 2022, 19:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DorianFP Thanks for stopping by! We don’t have a copy/paste option for matrixes, but @john.desborough is a matrix pro and might have some workarounds for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DorianFP @Liz - there is not much in the way of being able to speed it up BUT if your names don’t change (that much), create the first matrix question and then duplicate it .. you still have to change the other ‘headings’ but at least the static ones woud remain

it would be nice to be able to copy a list ie like for a dropdown question, and paste the list into the matrix row headings and have it create a row for each line in the copied file.. but it doesn’t do that today.. 

des