Question

Additive logic operation for text variables really no possible?

• 24 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on an evaluation quiz and want to keep internal track of the “chapters” that the student might need to review in case they fail so I show in the result screen “You need to revise chapters <Variable> (Which could have something like <A, B, C, G> for example)”

My quiz is already setup with all the logic to keep track on when or how they “pass” each chapter but when I went and created the text variable and I was preparing to do the most basic operation of APPEND text to said variable I realized this is not possible… and I can only replace the text

What am I missing here? is this possible in some other way? Do we need to file a request to add the most basic feature?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough might have some workarounds for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LeandroGil - unfortunately the logic capabilities of Typeform are a bit limited in this fashion. you can’t do append .. 

one way to deal with this would be to create separate question groups for each set of ‘need to revise’ chapters - which you would trigger base on the logic variables you stored ..

you could do the same thing with each chapter being a separate typeform, and track the pass/fail into a variable - routing the user to a typeform whose purpose would be to present the various chapter options for them to revise then send them to that chapter/form (passing all the variable values as hidden fields for example) 

just quick random thoughts between coffees

des