Skip to main content
Answered

Address lookup

Does anyone know how to have an address input that is predictive?

On other interfaces you can start typing in your address and it will autocomplete for you. 

Is there any way of at least having a set of grouped questions visible at the same time? 

Any help greatly appreciated! 

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Flister. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Typeform doesn't have the autocomplete feature at the moment, but that's an awesome idea! For further visibility, you might want to post your feedback here as well: 

Regarding the option to have more than one question per page, here is a thread that might be interesting for you: 

Hope this helps! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As @Mariana mentioned this is not available in Typeform product at the moment.

If you feel adventurous, there is a workaround using API.
You would to ask the address before respondent get into the typeform.

And then pass those details via hidden fields.

Here is a tutorial on how to implement it using Algolia Places.

Userlevel 1

Thanks  @picsoung and @Mariana - This typeform was intended as a sign-on for an app I have built where I could easily collect the address but sadly the best place to collect it would be in the typeform. 

Earlier in the process (name/email) would be weird and once in the app too late. 

I have set it up as 4 separate questions - I WISH they could all just be on one page because then most people could autofill their address from their phones! 

I will have a look at this suggestion and see if I can code it in 

Thanks very much for the help 

Francis 

I am trying to user Postcoder address autocomplete with a typeform.  Does anybody have any experience of using an address finder/or auto complete in typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SteveR I added your question to the thread here where we have the answer. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with! :grinning:

Just commenting my support for the autofill address feature. It would hugely improve the experience for my site visitors, and I’m sure many others.

Userlevel 1

I agree! This feature would be extremely helpful!

Guys, we have been waiting so long for you to introduce base address look up inside typeform. I am sure this would be a huge benefit for many users. What is the blocker here??

All the other forms have it why do you guys not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mrgeo Thanks for stopping by! I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. This isn’t a feature we currently have, as it takes a lot of teams to add a feature like this into our current product, but any updates will be posted here. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Typeform is really falling behind on these super critical aspect. The entire user journey on address is sub-optimal. Multiple questions , multiple screens  and no integration with any address look up API. User behavior in UK for address is one form ie one page and they just key in the post code to pick address from a list. To do the same on typeform is 3x the time and prone to errors. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@WOOP - i can appreciate the issue. I live in Canada and would greatly appreciate the same functions. 

This is also an opportunity for a developer out there to create ‘solution’ for this using the developer tools from Typeform and market it in the the Typeform Developer Marketplace.

or for a firm with the solution for the lookup in place to create the ‘integration’ between the systems. 

Given the different ways that this functionality has been implemented in the UK, US and Canada, I would NOT expect that Typeform would create this functionality themselves. 

just my thoughts from the igloo

Has anyone figured how to integrate Google Autocomplete address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@solarconsulting Adding your post here where we have some workarounds!

Has anyone figured how to integrate Google Autocomplete address?

This would be awesome! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @solarconsulting! Has any of the suggested workarounds worked for you? 

literally using paperform instead of typeform for most of our things bc of this feature, would totally consider switching if it did!

Badge +1

Was excited than disappointed that the Address field news isn’t google maps generated address auto-fill. Is this coming? This is the only thing that keeps me with Jotform. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nbtsmmnbtsmm I’ve added your post here where you can follow updates. 

Userlevel 1

Can the developers consider adding in a google map location auto form fill as an Answer option? As a real estate agent I’d like a user to be able to add in their property address, and I think that would be a nice addition.

best,

Adam S.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adam Stewart I’ve added your post here where you can follow along for updates. 

wow, this is a HUGE bummer! i had no idea this feature was not in core product until after signing up, creating a bunch of forms, then going to create one that requires location. 

typeform: it’s the year 2023. algolia places will be sunset. imho, it’s time to stop pushing this critical feature out to third party api’s and just build it yourself. it should be a priority feature in your roadmap, though if you might articulate competing priorities, that will at least help me understand why i should not simply cancel or create a new account on a competing site, such as jotform, where location is possible with a simple GPS widget. 

if this is NOT going to happen in 2023, would you please let me and others on this thread know so that we can move forward with important location-specific projects? i’ll continue to use typeform for other needs, because it’s an amazing product, but this particular functional omission is a huge bummer and begs for a solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @busfactor I don’t have any updates yet as to if this is something we will support, but the short version of why it hasn’t been supported yet is because it could break integrations that customers have setup. 

Userlevel 1

We NEED it asap please !

Thanks

Can’t believe other competitors have this and not typeform.. This should be a no brainer… 

Cannot believe this isn’t int he core product. Will be moving over to Jotform when our subscription expires.