Answered

Allow users to search and select photos from gallery

• 1 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, I am creating a form where I would like users to be able to search for images and select these images as part of their response. A little bit like you can go to Shutterstock or Canva and search their library of images. I would like to offer users the ability to search a huge gallery of images and then select one image in their survey response. I can see in Typeform that we - as the creators of the form - can search a gallery of images but I can’t see if its possible to pass this facility onto the user filling out the form. 

Anyone know if this is possible? 

I want to upgrade my Typeform plan but I’m not sure if (a) the above is possible and (b) if it is possible, which package i need to subscribe to.

Much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 November 2021, 19:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alex-alphabase Welcome to the community! Sounds Iike you have quite the form to build.

We don’t exactly have a search function within our forms, so the closest I think you could get would be to use the picture choice question to allow your respondents to choose images.

It’s not the best workaround, but hopefully it inspires some ideas! 

Thanks Liz, I will look into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how that goes for you, @alex-alphabase !

I’ve created a simple link out to the Shutterstock website for now and invited users to post a link to a photo they have found on the Shutterstock website.

I’m now going to look at the Shutterstock API and see if this can work with the Typeform platform. I may end up having to pay someone to do this work for me, as APIs have always alluded me somewhat, despite being able to code to some degree. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alex-alphabase Sounds like a handy workaround! :) It isn’t possible to connect to APIs within the Typeform itself, but it seems like your workaround should be suitable for now. :grinning: