Answered

allowing multiple submissions before actually submitting information

• 17 September 2021
  • 12 replies

I have created a registration form for our families to use to sign their kids up for our programs.  When I ask if they have another child to register - if they say yes, I have the logic taking them back to the beginning.  This is perfect, except the last person’s info is still there and the new information deletes all the previous person’s information.  I need it to submit and drop in to a spreadsheet then go back to the beginning and take info on another kid.  After all the kids information is in the spreadsheet - then I want it to go to the basic info of address, phone number, emergency contact, electronic signature, etc.  Is this possible?  

So

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 17 September 2021, 03:41

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ngable - welcome to the community 

the form at this link here is an example of a series of predefined groups of questions (ie 10 in this case) and it asks you to enter the number of ‘responses’ you are going to make - you could replace the question with ‘how many children do you want to register with a maximum of ten” - and then it uses that number as a counter which reduces after every set of questions is answered. when the counter gets to 0, the user is routed towards an ending.. 

this will give you the idea that what you are seeking is possible

what you are seeing in your quiz is expected behaviour - looping back overwrites the answers already provided. 

hope this helps. 

des

Ok. thank you.  I’m going to play with this a little bit and see if I can figure it out.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ngable - these might help: 

make sense?? 

i know my quiz is set for single questions BUT you can create a series of question groups just as easily and put the logic to check the counter on the last question of that group

I’m still doing something wrong.  The logic says to add the number they input into the @score.  Then after they enter the first name - subtract 1 from @score.  If @score is greater than 0 - go back to enter name child which will be the 2nd child.  If it equals 0, then it should take us to the “family” information which is street address, phone number, emergency contact, etc.  

It continually takes me back to the child’s name.  It acts as if the math isn’t working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ngable - not quite.. think of it this way: assuming that you have question groups for each child

• q1 - how many children are you going to add (between 1 and 10)
    • create a variable called vcounter and default value =0
    • answer = 3 (in this example)
    • logic rules:
      • if q1 greater than or equal 1 AND q1 less than or equal 10
        • then add q1_answer to vcounter
      • always jump to q2
  • q2 is entry page for child 1 - put message that you are going to collect for the ist child
    • q2a - name
    • q2b - address
    • q2c - phone number
    • q2d - emergency contact
    • (add more for this one child as required) 
    • logic rules
      • if vcounter is greater than 0 then subtract 1 from vcounter
      • if vcounter = 0 then jumpto ending page (note: since we entered 3 in the example, vcounter should now be 2)
      • otherwise jumpto q3 
  • q3 is the entry point for each child 2
    • q3a - name
    • q3b - address
    • q3c - phone number
    • q3d - emergency contact
    • logic rules
      • if vcounter = 0 then jumpto ending page (note: since we entered 3 in the example, vcounter should now be 1)
      • otherwise jumpto q4 
  • q4 is the entry point for each child 3
    • q4a - name
    • q4b - address
    • q4c - phone number
    • q4d - emergency contact
    • logic rules
      • if vcounter = 0 then jumpto ending page (note: since we entered 3 in the example, vcounter should now be 0)
      • otherwise jumpto q5
  • since the vcounter is now at 0, the user should be jumped to the ending page

UGH…  I thought I had it but it STILL will not go back to the top with a @vcounter and the logic in.   I need the option to go through all the questions for individual kids and then go to the final entries of street address, phone, emergency contact, etc only 1 time.  It keeps taking me to it like I don’t have any logic typed in with the final question for each kiddo.  Here is what I have at the top and then towards the bottom to make it move back to the top for the next kiddo…  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ngable - check out this sample    

here’s the question structure: note the question groups for the details on each child

now here’s the logic 

ok.. i just showed the logic rules on the last question in each of the first two question groups (ie the details on child 1 and the details on child 2.. 

when the counter goes to 0, i jump the reader to the statement page that prefaces the address and emergency contact info that you wanted to collect once. 

hope this helps

des

This helps a lot.  I wasn’t understanding the group questions.  Now that I have that all figured out - do I have to repeat the questions under each “details for child #” or is there a logic piece to add in there?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ngable - duplicate the question groups (it’s easy to do that by creating the first group and then clicking the 3 dots beside the ‘heading question’ and choose duplicate) - this will rapidly build out the structure you need. if you have 10 children you want to allow to be registered in a bunch, say a basketball team with the coach as emergency contact, you would create 10 question groups. Make MORE than you think the average number will be but set a maximum. THEN create the logic in each question group .. 

des

Thank you for this solution @john.desborough!

I didn't even know I needed it, but now I realized that makes some of my surveys more elegant.
(I had [Include another one?] questions after each group):laughing::see_no_evil:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for this solution @john.desborough!

I didn't even know I needed it, but now I realized that makes some of my surveys more elegant.
(I had [Include another one?] questions after each group):laughing::see_no_evil:

Thanks @Paulo - one nice thing i discovered about this one, is that if the user remembers they have 4 children to register instead of 3, when they scroll back up and change the input number to 4 in q1, they can ‘accept’ the answers to the first three (if already entered) and then the update limit is now at 4..

i found that both ‘add another’ and this count-down method have their places - i use the add another in my tshirt order form, cuz well I want them to order another once they have already picked one they love lol.. 

cheers 

i found that both ‘add another’ and this count-down method have their places - i use the add another in my tshirt order form, cuz well I want them to order another once they have already picked one they love lol.. 

@john.desborough Now it become clear to me when to use each approach!:joy: