Answered

Answer 20 questions 100 questions

• 8 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Se tiene un banco de 100 preguntas para una encuesta sobre autoevaluación. Muchas cierto!, entonces la idea es que la muestra seleccionada de los estudiantes responda solo 20 preguntas de las 100 y así sucesivamente. Al final, se obtendrán resultados de las 100 preguntas, esto se puede hacer con Typeform? Gracias

-- Google Translation -- 

There is a bank of 100 questions for a self-assessment survey. Many true! So the idea is that the selected sample of students answers only 20 questions out of 100 and so on. In the end, the results of the 100 questions will be obtained, can this be done with Typeform? Thank you

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 12 September 2022, 20:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gioviramirez Welcome to the community! The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

We don’t have this feature available in our forms, though I do think @john.desborough once had a workaround for this (though I can’t remember the keyword to search it!). 

Thank you very much Liz. Very beautiful of you. A happy day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @gioviramirez 

the workaround on this one was more along the lines of breaking the 100 questions down into a series of smaller typeforms with 20 questions in each - you could create a number of them, as many as you would like, but it would depend on how many times you needed each question answered. 

let me use an example based on the following groups of questions 

• 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100 (straight forward breakdown
  • 1-10 + 91-100, 11-20 + 81-90, 21-30 + 71-80, 31-40 + 51-60, 41-50 + 61-70

if i created those those 10 groupings of 20 questions, i could then have an “entry form” that asked the student to enter in a number between 1 and 100 and set some logic rules to redirect the user to one of the forms

• if q3 is greater than 20 and q3 is less than 31 then go to ending A which is a redirect to typeform #5
  • if q3 s greater than 30 and q3 is less than 41 then go to ending A which is a redirect to typeform #6

just a sample of what you could do.. the drawback is not knowing if all number ranges would be used by students.. BUT you have the ability to adjust the range of the question and the forms to which you are pointing students. 

(you could also use a random number generator in Google Sheets to create the same equivalent number and append that to the email string being sent to typeform as a hidden field is you wanted - that would require some additional things like creating the hidden field in the first typeform and then starting the form by having logic rules look at the value of the random number and redirecting the student to that typeform)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gioviramirez Did Des’s suggestion work for you? Let us know!

Hi there,

I was hoping someone would help me with this as I can’t find an obvious way to do it though maybe I’m just not familiar enough with Typeform yet as it’s quite new to me. 

I plan to use typeform to do the following and am wondering if it is a sensible approach. I am running an education website with videos. After each video I want students to take a multiple choice quiz on the content. To do this I had planned to use typeform to create a form from which a quiz would randomly select some questions. 

For example let’s say I create a form with 50 questions. Is it possible that a student could take a quiz that is only perhaps 15 questions long and those 15 questions would be randomly selected from the bank of 50 questions within that form? If they retake the quiz again for example then they would take a different quiz with a different random 15 questions?

This was the approach I was hoping to take but perhaps this is not possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @frankmaherae Happy new year! I moved your post here where we have an existing discussion with some workarounds. 😀