Answered

Asking respondent to rate their previous input

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey guys - I’m trying to build a survey which asks the user to provide one to several names of brands they're familiar with, and then in a follow-up question(s) ask them to rate each of these inputs from 1-5 for satisfaction.

Is there a way to easily ask a participant to list things and then rate each? 

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 March 2021, 04:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Revium.CX - this is from a user of the platform. 

Not sure if this would work exactly the way you want - since there is no way to dynamically build a question from input - but here goes;

• if this is an “any brands, all brands, regardless of category” type quiz, then use a series of short text response to get them to enter in the names of, say, three brands
    • q1 - gimme a brand name
    • q2 - gimme a brand name
    • q3 - gimme a brand name
  • then show a rating question that uses @recall q1 response in the description and a long text entry box for their response on brand 1
  • ditto for q2 and q3 responses

that would be a quick work around to getting the list of brands and the thoughts about the brand into the system. you would then have to correlate the responses with the appropriate brand-thoughts pairing in your output reporting but at least you would get the input you need. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Revium.CX I agree with @john.desborough ‘s workaround - this would be the easiest to implement for sure. Another workaround would be to add all possible brands into a multiple choice question, and then from there, you could setup logic jumps like this to only show the rating questions that apply to the brands they chose. 

Thanks guys - This had crossed my mind but thanks for confirming :)