Answered

Assessment survey with output based upon answers - doable?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Greetings  

I’m evaluating Typeform to assist with an assessment and reporting scenario I want to create. 

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

• 12-15 questions asked, rated 1-5 each 
    • Possible to mark as N/A and calculate based on below?
  • Results displayed at the end
  • Total score (% of total possible points)
  • Identify questions scoring 3 or less (low scores)
  • Based on the low score question responses, generate or display an existing report or group the 12 questions into 4 categories and have 4 separate reports based upon low scores in each of the categories. Ability to print results.
  • Present form to gather contact information
  • Present link to calendly to schedule a meeting to discuss results

​​​​​​​

Doable with Typeform? If so, high level how?

Thank you very much in advance!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 May 2022, 03:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RHG Thanks for stopping by and happy to see you here! I know our support team helped you a few weeks ago with this question. Do you mind if I post their reply here? 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Apologies for late reply. Absolutely. If it helps spur innovation, I’m all for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - all of the above can be done inside Typeform - with a couple of caveats and some integration to Google Sheets/Docs/Slides and an add-on if you want. 

I’ve created these types of solutions for clients a number of times.

Caveats: 

• for this: Based on the low score question responses, generate or display an existing report or group the 12 questions into 4 categories and have 4 separate reports based upon low scores in each of the categories. Ability to print results.
    • you can create a couple of “sections” in your typeform  - one where you collect the input from your questions, then a series of Statement pages that display the output you might want to show about a low score (or more) 
      • something along this logic - if q1 score is less than 4 then jumpto statement page for q1_low, if q2 score is LT 4 then jumpto statement page for q2_low.. etc. 
    • you could create a statement page for each question group (assuming you are grouping your questions into a q-group per category) that shows the results before you head to the next question group.. 
  • if you want to Connect the data to a Google sheet, play around with formulas etc and then push the output into a customized merge template (Google docs or slides) to create a pdf file of the results, convert it to pdf and email it - you could use the Document Studio add-on for Google Sheets. It works a treat

Suggestions:

• you can create a second typeform for the contact details - you could put it before your ‘quiz’ if you want to make sure that you their details in case they get interrupted in the process flow - or you can use the redirect on completion function from the question quiz above to the contact typeform when the user submits their answers to all the questions. 
  • if you have an outcome where you want to have them book a calendly meeting inside typeform, recommend that you have this as a separate, single question typeform into which you pass the email and name fields as hidden fields - having this AFTER the contact form is submitted (use the redirect feature again) gets around the fact that the user has to SUBMIT the calendly booking request and often they believe that is the end of the form, and they don’t go to the ‘real submission page’ of the typeform. having it as a single question at the end mitigates the drop-off. 

just some thoughts on how to make it work

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you John!