Answered

Audio/voice input & output for a research survey

• 7 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

We would like to add an audio option within our research survey. We’re interested in using in two formats:

1. Using our (pre-recorded) voices to take our participants through a brief exercise. And also to aid those who may have sight problems. 
  2. Allowing our participants to respond freely with their voices instead of typing a response in the short or long format options.

How can we go about doing either (ideally both) of these, embedded within our (Essentials) Typeform?

Thank you for your help!

Silke & Nigel

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 May 2021, 01:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Silke & Nigel Thanks for stopping by! This sounds like a cool form. :grinning:  You could use the file upload feature in Typeform, but have you taken a peek at VideoAsk by chance?

I think this would be an easier setup for what you’re looking to do! I personally use it to get audio/video recordings from clients I have when I specifically do not want them to write text, and it works really well. It also transcribes it for you, too!

Any updates on this? Please don’t be your own innovation blocker @Typeform … integrating voice message would be super useful given all the possible AI use cases to turn that into text and then into a response. Thank you!!

Any updates on this

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @bastlix and @MEIAM how’s it going?

Have you taken a look at VideoAsk? You can create forms/surveys using video and then receive video/audio or text responses. It might help if your focus is getting audio results or you want to share something through video rather than text. 

Let me know if you have any questions, or if it makes more sense to have audio capabilities in Typeform feel free to add a bit more feedback here so we can pass it on to the product team.

Thanks so much 😊

Any updates on this

Hey @bastlix and @MEIAM how’s it going?

Have you taken a look at VideoAsk? You can create forms/surveys using video and then receive video/audio or text responses. It might help if your focus is getting audio results or you want to share something through video rather than text. 

Let me know if you have any questions, or if it makes more sense to have audio capabilities in Typeform feel free to add a bit more feedback here so we can pass it on to the product team.

Thanks so much 😊

We’d also be very interested in such a feature. Having looked at VideoAsk it serves the purpose of being able to capture audio feedback or back-up text, but we’d like to combine it with standard survey questions (NPS, multi-select, rating, etc.). These types of questions integrated with audio input “please explain why you gave this score”), would be very powerful to capture customer feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Mcvboxel thank you for the feedback, I like the idea of the audio integration to get more detail on answers.

You can use NPS and multiple choice answer types with VideoAsk, this Help Center article talks about the different answer type options available. Then you could follow up with a step asking for audio feedback. But will definitely depend on how you want to present the question first 😊

Thanks for the reply!

We feel that in many use cases (global standardized continuous customer feedback, e.g. repeated surveys, many cultures and languages), video is just not the most cost-efficient and/or neutral way of presenting a question. It takes more time, and could present an unwanted bias purely based on the “actor” asking the question.

As postulated above by others, thinking about all the possible AI use cases of the past few months, it would be a big asset for Typeform to differentiate from other survey platforms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome, thanks for clarifying @Mcvboxel 🙌