Answered

Automatic report for respondents

• 1 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Does Typeform allow you to send a templated report back to respondents dependent on their answers?

We want to create an online questionnaire, and then have a report send back to everyone that completes the survey, giving them a unique score.

thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 1 April 2021, 14:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Louise Shaw - welcome to the Community! Hope you can find the answers you seek from the users (like me) and from the Typeformers who are here (they are awesome)

There are a couple of methods that can be used and have been discussed in other threads (here is a link to one of the other similar discussions ) 

• you can use the notifications email function to send an email directly to the user with the questions, answers they made and score (as long as you calculate it in a variable) 
    • because it is an email you can do very little formatting to the output
  • you could connect the form to Google Sheets and create a more customized report, and merge the data with a Google Doc/Slide template to create a prettier report.
    • i use this option along with a Google add-in called Document Studio which gives me excellent control and output capabilities 

hope this helps a little

des

Userlevel 1

I also want to ask if as john.desborough said:

you could connect the form to Google Sheets and create a more customized report, and merge the data with a Google Doc/Slide template to create a prettier report.

• i use this option along with a Google add-in called Document Studio which gives me excellent control and output capabilities

I was wondering if I use Document Studio could I change scores and add more info?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I also want to ask if as john.desborough said:

you could connect the form to Google Sheets and create a more customized report, and merge the data with a Google Doc/Slide template to create a prettier report.

I was wondering if I use Document Studio could I change scores and add more info?

@pepesea - yes you can..  i use google sheets to do all the calculations and data transforms and pull data from the survey, from a set of industry related data that has been contributed and do some calculations on maturity scale and add in some observations and recommendations based on the input by the user. 

here is a live typeform related to ‘data quality’ issues that you can try out to see how it works in practice - if you add in your email address you will get the full experience and the customized report sent back to you. or at least the ‘full experience’ i am offering to folks at the moment lol

cheers

des