Answered

Behavior Difference Between Previewing my form verses using the Embed Code

• 30 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve noticed different behavior between Previewing my form and testing it on a website page as an embed form. In the Preview, I answer my questions and it goes to my Ending and stops there with my message and a button with a link. In the Embed form, I answer my questions and instead of stopping on the Ending “screen”, it goes directly to the URL that is in the button link. I have information on the Ending “screen” that I want the users to see before continuing to the linked URL. Is this normal behavior?

Should I use a Statement instead of an Ending to achieve my desired workflow?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 September 2021, 23:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @McGriff Happy little Friday! Do you happen to have any changes in the form that haven’t been published yet? If so, these changes will appear in the builder/preview, but they won’t appear on the live version until the form changes have been published. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz, No, I had doubled checked that all my changes had been Published. I now have tested this issue several more times. Each time, I checked to make sure the changes were Published.

I tried using a Statement in place of an Ending and that works. I use the Logic connected to the Statement to select the Ending. Interestingly enough, when the Statement button is clicked and the Ending is called, it goes straight to the Ending URL and never shows the Ending message or button.

I must be doing something wrong for this not working for me. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@McGriff - my understanding is that in preview the button on the ending page is inactive. ie it won’t go anywhere.. in order to test it for certain,  you need to publish and either copy paste the url into the browser to test or to embed in your page and test

do you have redirection on submit set up by any chance? if you do, your form will NOT go to the ending page but go directly to the target url in the redirect. in preview mode, i believe this is also inert/inactive. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough I went back and checked my form settings and I did have a Redirect on Completion. I forgot I did that when I was playing around with the design of the form. I removed that and the Endings worked as expected.

Thanks for your reply!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz Can you change the Best Answer to @john.desborough post. I tried to do that but I messed up. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@McGriff - good news! glad it was something as simple as that and not a real bug in the system. 

(what happens in community, stays in community lol)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Done! Thanks, @McGriff for pointing out the best answer and glad you were able to figure it out! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!