Answered

Branching Out to Unique Question Groups and Submitting Without Revealing The Next group

• 27 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello, 

1) I built a Job Request Form in Google Forms before importing it into Typeform. In Google, the form had one opening section and six independent/problem specific sections:

a) Only the opening section and ONE of the six independent sections need to be completed.

b) The first section had a multi-choice question that’s used to branch out to any of the other sections.

c) The form shows the submit buttton once any of the six independent sections is completed.

2) Unfortunately, when this form was imported into Typeform, the sections structure were not included. So I had to use Questions Group to recreate the sections in typeform. But now, unlike how it worked in Google Forms, the submit button is not shown when the first branched Question Group is completed. Instead of showing the Submit Button, the form leads to the second Question Group which is totally unrelated to the first group. To be clear, as a test, I used logic to indicate that the form should be submitted at the last field of  the second Question Group. But this did not work. The form still shows the third Question Group, and continues until the seventh. 

3) Another thing that stresses me about the Typeform experience is the way Logic is forcefully applied to every field and none for the Question Groups. The form collects custom qualitative information, so it’s not possible to predict what each respondednt would say in each field. So applying logic to each field is problematic in this form type, and should be optional but it’s not.  In Google forms, what looks like logic is applied mostly to the secions. You have the option to either make the user move to another section or simply hide all other sections and make them submit the form after completing any one of the branched sections. I want to know how to remove field-based logics and instead implement the Google type of section-based logic in Typeform.

4) Specfically, I want people to be able to submit the form after completeing any one of the branched Question Groups without seeing or responding the  remaining groupof questions. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 September 2021, 19:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kaizen - welcome to the community

Can you share a few screen shots of your logic statements please? This will help us troubleshoot. 

I have set up a similar structure in a number of typeforms and have no issues with this type of submission. 

cheers

des

Thank you, @john.desborough for your interest in helping to resolve this. Please, see the screenshots below. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kaizen - thanks.. could you also show a pic of the logic map/flow as well please and thank you.. 

i think i see a possible solution but would like to see the map first

thanks

des

The logic map is wildely horizontal abd does not fit into the screen without getting super tiny.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kaizen - in the last image, from q2 ending, your logic shows that it goes to both q3 and off to the end. 

you need to ensure that there is no ‘loop hole’ in your logic that allows that connection - if you are truly driving the user to the submit point at the end of q2. 

if you have difficulty in figuring this out in the simple logic, the Advanced Logic area gives you better control over your pathing logic. 

des

Thank you, @john.desborough 

The advanced logic solved the problem. Thank you so much! :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

glad to hear @Kaizen