Answered

Building a quote engine

• 18 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there - hoping the community can help as it has been a while sine I have used Tyepform.

I would love some guidance on how best to achieve the following. Thanks in advance!

I have a three question quiz (it is essentially a tool to calculate a quote based on different options selected), that depending on the answer of each question, results in giving a different ending (which is a dollar value quote). Each question of the quiz is select one from a multiple choice question. Here is an example:

Question 1: Multiple Choice (must select just one of these options)

• Photography only 
  • Videography only
  • Photography & Videography 

Question 2: Multiple Choice (must select just one of these options)

• Before & After
  • Before, During & After

Question 3: Multiple Choice (must select just one of these options)

• Under 1500
  • 1501 - 2500
  • 2501 - 3500
  • 3501 - 4500

Result / End: Logic based outcome depending on answers to Q1 - 3 above. Examples:

• Photography only +  Before & After + Under 1500 = $450 cost (I.e. the end)
  • Photography only +  Before & After + 1501 - 2500 = $550 cost (I.e. the end)
  • Photography only +  Before & After + 2501 - 3500 = $635 cost (I.e. the end)
  • etc.
icon

Best answer by Liz 24 January 2023, 17:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GrowthFriday Happy little Friday! I hope you’re having a great week. 😀 If you haven’t already checked it out, the post below may help get you started in the right direction! 

Thanks @Liz for the reply. Yes I did read that post, but it is not answered with anything really that useful. The template suggested is simply capturing questions for a quote, whereas I am looking to capture questions and then depending on the answers to the questions, present a different “end” (I.e. the quote amount).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GrowthFriday I’d definitely suggest taking a look at our outcome quiz then! 😀