Answered

Calculation results?

I am looking to create a quiz where people answer questions about how much time they spend each week on various tasks.  I want the quiz to total up the responses so they see the results immediately, is that possible?  

So if they answer, question 1: 4 hours, question 2 6 hours total 10 hours would be visible at the end of the quiz.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 June 2022, 15:54

View original

8 replies

yes  I am interstate

I don’t understand your answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @interimslc Happy Monday! If you haven’t already, I’d suggest taking a look at our article here on scores and calculations to get you started. 

In the meantime, @john.desborough @the conservative tend to be our quiz masters and may be able to help you answer this!

@Shubabrata Do you have an additional question? I’m not quite sure I understand your comment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol.. create a variable called total_time and use logic rules to add the answers to the variable. ie 

• always add q1 answer to total_time
  • or if a multiple choice
    • if q1 = a add 4 to total_time
    • if q1 = b add 2 to total_time

then use @recall to display the the total_time variable

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thank’s @Liz 

@interimslc this should be the best way doing it

@john.desborough I don’t know how to do anything you explained. How do I create a variable Total Time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@interimslc - take a look at this Typeform Help Centre Video and explanation text (below the video) on how to create and use variables. 

There are a lot of posts and articles available in the Community that you can find if you use the search feature in the banner bar … I know that sounds pedantic but that is how i found out this stuff when i started using Typeform.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @interimslc How are the calculations/variables coming along? Let us know if you need any further help!