Skip to main content
Answered

Calculator

• 19 July 2021
  • 9 replies

I’m looking to create a calculator, ideally it will take input and output in Pound Sterling, but not necessary.

Essentially it needs to accomplish:

((Field Ax4.49)-(Field Bx5%)+(Field Cx50%))

Where the Fields are a whole number of any length.

I can’t see a reasonable way to accomplish this on the new builder or classic, fudging it as a quiz is no help either. Is this possible with Typeform?

Hi @AJR Talk about some math going on over there! Our calculator is pretty basic, but @john.desborough is quite the math expert and may have some workarounds to suggest for you. :grin:

@Liz - hah!

@AJR - how are you collecting the Field A thru C information? are these answers to questions in your typeform?  if you can riddle me this, i think i can come up with something .. maybe lol

des

Hey John and Liz,

Cheers for the quick replies!

Yeah, basically a number question/form, A through C, then at the end we want to run the calculation in the background and present the answer, after which we want people to have the option to provide email+phone numbers to follow up.

I need to have another look at it, I don’t know if we can just collect all those answers in one question, then do the calculation on the 3 separate answers, but hopefully there is a way!

@AJR- here a little example of the scenario you described.. not the best example just quickly done.

That is perfect! Not sure how you managed it… but glad you did!

Do you mind if I ask how, or are we able to ‘borrow’ the template?

@AJR here are some logic shots of the way i did it.. so that others can see as well.. you can DM me about getting a copy  of the template

set some custom variables

next add the values into the variables based on the details you provided

note re above - you have to have some condition in order to start the calculations

now to create the sum - above and below

hope that helps with the logic path...

Perfect, cheers for this! I’ll have a crack at it, probably tomorrow. 

This is the first thing I’ve struggled with, the fact a solution has been provided in under 24 hours… can’t thank you enough!

Perfect, cheers for this! I’ll have a crack at it, probably tomorrow. 

This is the first thing I’ve struggled with, the fact a solution has been provided in under 24 hours… can’t thank you enough!

lol.. glad we could be of service! (actually, once i got your follow up this morning, it took about 20 minutes to do the quiz but had to take my wee beast off to summer daycamp in between.. lol.)

let us know how it goes and remember to pay it forward by coming back and offering up some wisdom here in the community when you can 

cheers

des

Thank you, @john.desborough !!