Skip to main content
Answered

Calculator Showing Price Comparison?

• 5 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I want to use TypeForm to build a fun calculator for customers that will show them the pricing difference between our artificial flowers and their flowers for a wedding.

Basically, it would ask them how many bouquets they need, how many centerpieces, then do basic multiplication to show a result.

So for example:

1. How many bridesmaids bouquets do you need?
  2. How many corsages do you need?
  3. Do you need a bridal bouquet?

Then at the end, based on the quantity selected in questions 1 and 2, and then if they said yes or no in question 3, it would multiply: 

Bridesmaid bouquets needed times Artificial price per bridesmail bouquet
Real flower boquuet needed times real flower bouquet price 

etc and show the result.

Easiest way to do this?

I figured out how to do the calculator part...but how can I sum the results next to each other nicely?

IE

Your wedding total with artificial VS your wedding total with traditional floral

Hello @DataFan! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :heart_eyes:

I'm happy you figured it out! Can you share with us what was the solution you used?

Regarding your second question, you can use the "recall information" feature to recall the total with artificial flowers and the total with traditional flowers. Does that make sense? Make sure to refer to this article with a great explanation of how to use this feature! 

Let me know if it works for you! I hope it will!  :star:

Hello @DataFan! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :heart_eyes:

I'm happy you figured it out! Can you share with us what was the solution you used?

Regarding your second question, you can use the "recall information" feature to recall the total with artificial flowers and the total with traditional flowers. Does that make sense? Make sure to refer to this article with a great explanation of how to use this feature! 

Let me know if it works for you! I hope it will!  :star:

That didn’t really work since I can only sum one price I think. 

In this case I want to determine two different totals.

One total for artificial flowers, and another for real. How would I do that?

@DataFan - you can always use another variable to assemble the pricing.. call it a_price for example.. 

just a thought from another user

des

@DataFan - you can always use another variable to assemble the pricing.. call it a_price for example.. 

des

How do I get the variable to sum the results of say...someone picking 2 bouquets that cost $10 each + 5 centerpieces at $20 each?

Thank you!

des

How do I get the variable to sum the results of say...someone picking 2 bouquets that cost $10 each + 5 centerpieces at $20 each?

Thank you!

here’s my thinking:

• q1 - which bouquet price do you want to pay? 10, 20, 30 40? choose one
  • q2 - how many bouquets do you want
    • v_price_bouquets is numeric variable 
    • if q2 gt 0 then add q2 to v_price_bouquets
    • if q2 gt 0 then multiply v_price_bouquets by q1
  • q3 - what price range of centerpiece do you want to select? 10,20,30,40? choose one
  • q4 - how many centerpieces do you want? 
    • v_price_cpiece is numeric variable
    • if q4 gt 0 then add q4 to v_price_cpiece
    • if q4 gt 0 multiply v_price_cpiece by q3
    • if v_price_bouquets is gt 0 add v_price_bouquets to price
    • if v_price_cpiece is gt 0 add v_price_cpiece to price
  • q5 here’s a summary of your order
    • @recall details 
    • total price: @price. 

at least that is what voice #6 in my head says after watching the Canadian women win gold in the Olympic football this morning!

des

Hey @DataFan! Hope you're having a nice day! :blush:

Have you tried the suggestion of our friend @john.desborough? If yes, can you let us know if it worked for you? I'm hoping it did! :blue_heart: