Answered

Can I get if-then results?

• 8 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Bonjour,

J’aimerai créer un formulaire avec type form s’appuyant sur la création d’un quizz déjà programmé sur excel.

Cependant, je ne suis pas que cela soit possible. Pouvez-vous m’aider ?

Merci pour votre aide

-- Google Translation -- 

Hello,

I would like to create a form with type form based on the creation of a quiz already programmed on excel.

However, I am not sure this is possible. Can you help me ?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 April 2022, 00:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bonjour, @stevens ! Happy Friday, wherever you are in the world. The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

We don’t have an option to import a quiz from Excel, but if you have a copy of it in Google Docs/Google Forms, you could import it this way following the steps here

Merci pour votre message. Je m’exprime en français pour mieux me faire comprendre mais je comprends vos réponses en anglais.

Mon problème n’est pas d’importer les questions. Mon problème est de réussir à créer la même logique que celle crée sur mon Excel.

C’est pourquoi j’ai laissé visible les formules des cellules pour que vous puissiez comprendre la logique. 

Ma question est donc : Est-ce possible d’avoir la même logique ?

Cordialement

—-

Thanks to your answer. Don’t care about english language. I understand well but I prefer write in french. Like that is easier.

My problem isn’t to import the questions. My problem is to applicate the same logic that in excel Sheets (cc : picture)

That’s why, I’ve let the functions in the cells.

So, my question is : Is it possible to do the same logical ?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@stevens - the MAX() logic functions are not native capability inside Typeform. you would need to create your quiz in typeform and Connect (integrate) your typeform to excel. upon submission of the form, all the data elements would be pushed into the excel sheet. At that point you could allow your formulae to operate and come up with the result. 

That is what i do for several of my clients’ forms when the logic capabilities within Typeform do not address the advanced calculation needs. 

des

@john.desborough Merci pour votre aide. Thanks for your help.

Avec votre technique, cela veut dire que la personne qui répond au quiz n’aura pas son résultat de manière instantanée ?

With your technique, does that mean that the person who answers the quiz will not have their result instantly?

Cordialement,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@stevens - the answers are not part of the typeform instantly no. depending on the tool that you use to merge the spreadsheet data with an email and send it back, the results may go out in the mail within a few seconds or up to an hour. 

I use Google Sheets and Document Studio (add-on) which allow me to do all the calculations and lookups i need to merge data fields into an output template, convert the output document into a pdf and email it to the user. The Document Studio process is set to run hourly (my choice) but depending on where in that cycle the data hits the Google sheet, it could be inside a minute or up to an hour before it is sent. 

i use the endings in my typeforms to state that a customized report is being created and will be in their inbox shortly. 

des