Answered

Can I make a custom URL to share?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This survey is for a client and right now when I share a link, it has my name in it.  I want to change it to the client name.  I have looked in this community forum and didn’t see the question asked, have looked around in the tool and I’m hoping I’m just missing where to make this change.

Your help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 May 2021, 23:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KC Researcher - you won’t be able to do that, unfortunately, unless the client has a subscription to the software and you have the Typeform support team move a copy of the form from your account to theirs. they could then use their account name. 

there are some other options outlined in this Help Center article: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029251372-How-to-customize-your-typeform-URL

and these include embedding the typeform in the client’s website or using a URL shortener like bit.ly or Google’s own url shortening tool. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found the answer.  I was going to go in and change my name for how I set up the account, but then I see they buried the URL option in the personal settings.  Very strange.  It should be in the options for the SHARE.

Userlevel 1
Badge

John, 

I did find an option to do this.  See my post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

just be mindful of the fact that if you do a survey for another client or yourself, that if you change the url option for the new survey, the old one will not be accessible any more.. at least that is the understanding that i have from discussions with tech support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I’m aware.  It had that warning.  Why did you say this wasn’t an option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

cuz i am just a user like you and i do forms for myself as well as for clients. and I don’t like having to use my personal URL for a client setting - so to me it is NOT an acceptable option. 

and I am trying to help you out of the goodness of my heart at the same time as doing my own thing.. lol.. 

and i try not to let a crisis situation for someone else, that may have been caused by some potentially poor planning, become a crisis that sits on my plate.