Skip to main content
Answered

Can i make such Quiz ?

• 18 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, can i do this ?

Slide 1 - Welcome
Slide 2 - Select 60 out of 100 words given
Slide 3 - Select 6 out of those 60 (which used selected in slide #2)
Slide 4 - Select 5 out of those 6 (which used selected in slide #3)
Slide 4 - Select 4 out of those 5 (which used selected in slide #4)
Slide 5 - Select 3 out of those 4 (which used selected in slide #5)
Slide 6 - Select 2 out of those 3 (which used selected in slide #6)
Slide 7 - Select 1 out of those 2 (which used selected in slide #7)
Slide 8 - Show the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (shortlisted numbers in sequence, along with the description of these 6)
End Slide - download the output as pdf 

Hi @ajay7379 Welcome to the community! Sounds like quite the form you’re building. :grinning:

At the moment, you’d need to set all of the questions ahead of time, including the answers, so the only way to make this work would be a lot of logic jumps to show only the questions that apply based on answers. This is because it isn’t possible to populate the answers with the selections made previously. Though, I can share this as an idea to the product team!

I’m racking my brain for another workaround that doesn’t require so much setup, but I can’t quite think of one. It may be possible that @vickioneill or @john.desborough have one that I haven’t thought of yet!

@Liz - this one has been proposed a couple of times (not necessarily identical but extremely similar) and it currently isn’t possible ‘natively’ - Typeform still does not allow the answers of previous questions to be used to dynamically build the answer options in subsequent questions 

in all the discussions that we have had with @picsoung about using the webhooks/apis to query the data and bring it back into answer options, coming up empty as well, i am not sure there is a way. 

for getting folks to select top 10 from 50 tshirt quotes and then rank them, I had to use the description area to post the @recall answers of the ten selected  as “1. @recall answer A” “2. @recall answer B” … and THEN have the ranking options with labels like “option 1 as listed above”, “option 2 as listed above” … 

spitting that out to google sheets was the only way to reconcile that for me .. 

in this case i can see that approach become a nightmare

Hi @ajay7379 .

Welcome to the community! Thanks for tagging me @Liz. It’s always fun to see these scenarios and brainstorm possible solutions. 

As @john.desborough mentions, this type of question has been asked before and I haven’t been able to come up with an easy solution without using the not-yet-developed @recall for previous words chosen. 

The only other option - which puts the experience back on the user vs automating in Typeform - is to have them ‘refer back to the previous question’ and request that they provide the 6 words in priority order, then 5 words on the next page, etc. You would still get the data and could parse it in Google Sheets to analyze. 

Other than that I can’t think of an alternative. The ‘download’ could be in the form of the email response upon completion. This can be done by using the ‘all responses’ in the email body. 

I hope this was helpful in some way, @ajay7379 !!

Let us know how we might help further. 

Make today great!