Answered

Can I take the value of a subtotal and have it render text on an ending page

• 4 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Here is what I’m trying to do.

I have created variables in order to get subtotals for question groups and built the logic to add those up based on responses.  Now, at the ending page, rather than giving someone a score for each group (there are 5), I would like to indicate with text the results of that group (i.e. failure, success, opportunity).  Is there an if..then way to say, “If variable 1 is less than 5, then insert “Success”, etc..”    Thank you so much.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 September 2021, 18:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rbenaroya - use the @recall feature.. 

on the ending page, type the ‘@’ sign and you should get a  list of the responses from questions and the variables and they will display. 

you would need to create a ‘display variable’ to show the Success, fail etc.. - say a text variable called q_group_1_result and use logic rule to like this:

• if v_qg_1_subtotal less than 5 then replace g_group_1_result with Success

that should work for you

des

Thanks you so much John.  I think I’m getting it.  One last question, where would I build that logic rule specifically?  

Would I build this out on an ending page or on on say, a “Statement” page.  I can’t see how to embed logic onto an ending page.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rbenaroya - you would normally do this just before routing someone to the appropriate page.. 

I often will use a statement page to tell them “That’s it.. you’ve completed the entire assessment. One more click and you will see your results” - on this statement page is where i do the logic rules so that they can be routed to the appropriate page:

• say if they have ‘success’, you might want them to go to a landing page that says they were successful and that the next step is to click the link below to book a strategy call 
  • if they are ‘middle of the road’, the landing page may send them to a webinar or course registration page
  • if they ‘fail’ maybe they want to download the ebook and then take the webinar to try and improve their scores.. 

you make your decisions and route them to the respective ending page or use one ending page and everyone gets the same recommendation for action.. 

just my thoughts

des