Answered

Can respondents see summary of their answers

I am currently trying to make a survey which would allow respondents to check their answers before submitting the form. Is there any easy way of doing this? 

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 May 2021, 18:26

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanM6575 welcome to the community! :grin:

You could use the recall variables feature to show the answers to the form before the respondent submits it in a statement question. It would look something like this: 

Where the “just to be sure” pieces are, that’s where the responses would fill in for you. Would this solution work? If so, I can create a video to walk you through how to set this up! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NathanM6575 @Liz  - you could also make that a Yes/No question if you wanted them to be able to go back and change their answers or go to the submission point. You would just need to decide which option you wanted to use to send the user back to the start of the questions to review or change - if permitted. 

i have done that on a number of the assessment surveys that i have created and folks seem to like that option. just a thought

des

Thank you @Liz @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course, @NathanM6575 ! Let us know how that works for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanM6575 hope you’re doing well over there! Did either of those setups work for you? 

Hi @Liz, I think we foresaw some issues with the detail of the survey, and amount of questions using this method - especially if there were multiple modifications. The tips you provided will definitely be utilised in future surveys though. Thanks for taking the time out to follow up on this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course, @NathanM6575 ! Is there anything else I can help answer for you? :grinning:

@NathanM6575 @Liz  - you could also make that a Yes/No question if you wanted them to be able to go back and change their answers or go to the submission point. You would just need to decide which option you wanted to use to send the user back to the start of the questions to review or change - if permitted. 

i have done that on a number of the assessment surveys that i have created and folks seem to like that option. just a thought

des

@NathanM6575 love this solution. Do you know of a way to adjust it so if the user needs to make an adjustment that the question they select they go back to and then it only forces them to answer that specific question and not the rest of the order? 

For example we have this currently built

Statement: Please review your answers:

Multiple Choice: Is this correct? Yes or No

• If they say no

Multiple Choice: What would you like to change? (different questions as options to select)

• Once they select which question to change, it takes them to that specific question. The issue is from that point it continues to take them through the rest of the survey and not go back to the summary question. Is there a rule that we can say, if they come form “Is this correct”, then after they answer take them back to Summary. 

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Thisismikejones - now that is an interesting logic puzzle.. and I am not necessarily sure that what has jumped into my brain (from voice 4 of the 7 others in my head) will actually work 

• create a text variable called ‘v_recycle’ (just my name for it) and set it to ‘no’
  • on each question through the series, you would need to have a logic rule that says something like this:
    • if v_recycle = yes then jumpto qX (MC -Is this correct? Yes or No) otherwise go to next q   
  • on the MC list of questions to which they could return, before you jumpto the appropriate question, 
    • first logic rule needs to be If v_recycle = ‘yes’, replace with ‘no’ (so that it is always ‘reset’ before you evaluate the which question you are jumping to 
    • then 
    • if they choose A then replace v_recycle with ‘yes
      • then jumpto qA 
      • do this for each of the other questions

now, this is what the brain is telling me might work. but @Liz and @picsoung from Typeform may tell me i am full of the stuff i shovel for a living (as a consultant, not a stablehand anymore)  and that there is a more elegant way of doing it or that it is impossible. 

cheers

des

Olá alguém poderia me ajudar em como posso ao final do formulário mostrar para o usuário um resumo de tudo o que ele escolheu para ele concordar ou não?

Hello, could someone help me on how I can at the end of the form show the user a summary of everything he chose for him to agree or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eduardo kater. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

I hope you don't mind I'll answer in English - this is the language we use in the Community. I moved your question here where the answer is. Let us know if you have any questions when following the steps described above! =) 

My users have asked to see their answers to the self quizzes I’m using for a course. How can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cyndi Brannen thanks for stopping by the community and welcome to our corner of the internet! I added your question here where we have the answer. :grinning:

Userlevel 1
Badge

My users have asked to see their answers to the self quizzes I’m using for a course. How can I do this?

I am keen to understand this as well. 

My use case is a learner self assessment embedded in an online course, and the key feature is to have the results mailed to the respondent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am keen to understand this as well. 

My use case is a learner self assessment embedded in an online course, and the key feature is to have the results mailed to the respondent. 

@rcolwell - i think the email part of the question, i was able to answer for you in the other community thread but was curious if there was something else you want to ‘understand this’ as well? just to be able to make sure we point you in the right direction 

des

Hello,

how can i show or send the user the summary with the answers after they complete and submit the form? Is there any way possible?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello,

how can i show or send the user the summary with the answers after they complete and submit the form? Is there any way possible?

Thanks

@Mush Agency - you can use the notifications feature to send a response email to the user. you would need to enter the static text ie the questions into the email and use the @recall function to display the answers. 

that email comes from Typeform and not from your account… 

des

Hi,

I have created a survey with many different connexions and ends. I would like my clients to get a summary of all of their questions and answers so that they can send them to a third person by copy pasting or via pdf.

How can I do that? 

Many thanks in advance for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zorro I added your post here where we have a few different answers for your question. 😀