Answered

Can't publish because can't remove ending from updated typeform

• 10 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi there -- I upgraded my typeform to the new format and pressed the button to add an ending while I was playing around with it.

Now, I can’t publish my typeform on my free account because it won’t let me remove that ending slide.

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 February 2021, 16:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MyNameIsMax . Thanks for stopping by the community! Our Free plan does include one custom ending, but it counts as one of the questions, which might be where some of the confusion is. It’s not possible to remove the custom ending, so you’ll want to remove one of the questions (for up to 9 total) to publish the form. 

Let us know if that doesn’t work!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for quick response — I want to go back to how it was with al my questions and no ending taking up a spot. Can you advise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MyNameIsMax - forms in our new builder automatically include one outcome which isn’t possible to remove. Hopefully this helps clarify a bit, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi @Liz -- so by upgrading, I’ve just lost a question, with no benefit and no way to go back?

It looks like as long as I don’t publish it, the old version is still live, so that’s something. It might be good to have a warning of this though, it kind of undermines my feeling the platform respects me and my eagerness to then go paid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MyNameIsMax Unfortunately in the new builder, there is a default ending which isn’t able to be removed. Though, I can note this feedback for our product team because a warning certainly would help make this clearer.