Answered

Can the ranking question be assessed (given points) in a quiz ?

Badge +1

Hi,

I’d like to have respondents rank responses to an issue from most to least efficient in a quiz and assess their responses but so far, dont see how to do this with the ranking question.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 June 2021, 19:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carosanfran happy Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by. :) Would you like respondents to rank other respondent’s answers? If so, I’m afraid this isn’t possible, but if you’d like to have them assess their own, you could use the recall information feature to show their answers in following questions. For example, you could use a short or long text question to have them add a response. Would that work for you? 

Badge +1

Thanks Liz, but no.  I’d just like to grade responses to a ranking question, as in: Rank the solutions to this issue from best to worst, from A to E. Say the right rank is EADBC, then I’d look at the top 2 and assign top scores based if a person responded EA or AE as the best, and then much less of a person responded D, B or C as the top two best approaches to a problem.

Badge +1

Hi @Liz , is there a way support or product can look at my request, since there seems to be no obvious answer ? It seems this would be useful for other quizzes.  I am considering moving up in terms of Typeform plan as well, especially if this is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Carosanfran - from another user

inside typeform there is no logic available for us to do this ‘live and in the form’ BUT you can connect the typeform to a google sheet, for example, and do the calculations and scoring in there - takes some time to set it up but once done, the magic happens automatically. 

You can also generate custom reports, etc. by merging your data into a google doc or slide and then sending it out as a pdf via email using an add-on like Document Studio for Google Sheets. 

that’s what i do in my case. 

not perfect for you perhaps, but it would be a workaround

des

Badge +1

@john.desborough, thanks. 

I am looking for something quite dynamic, that’s part of the quiz so an outside calculation would not work.

I see the solution as this:

Options for solutions are A to E.

> If A is to be rated #1 best solution, then I’d indicate that to get a 10 score in the admin.

There would be parameters where if the respondent puts A in position 2, then she’d get a 8, if in 3, a 6.

> If B is to be response #2, then if its in position 2, the person gets 10.

If its in position #1 person gets a 8, and a 6 if its in position #3.

> Like wise for solution C if its in 3rd place, and for D and E in 4th and 5 th place.

If any other answers than A or B are in positions 1 or 2,  they get no points.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Carosanfran - yup that would all be sunshine and skittles, honestly i would like that inside the product right now for ranking and for matrix questions. but it isn’t there at the moment. it’s on the product request list for both. 

until then we have to find workarounds. 

Hello! I have the same need as I would like to add a “ranking” question into a quizz. This post is from a year ago so I was wondering if anything had changed? Thanks a lot in advance! 

Marie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Imfusio thanks for stopping by! I’m afraid no updates on a feature like this, but definitely would suggest utilizing any of the workarounds mentioned above. 

Hi All, I’m also very interested in using ranking (response variables) for matrix questions. Any update on when this might be available?

Kind regards,

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nicholas.oddy This isn’t currently in the roadmap, but if anything changes, we’ll post about it here.