Answered

Can Typeform add number type responses?

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to build a “savings calculator.” That way, my prospects can know how much money they can save by taking my course.

Are the “numbers” type responses smart in the sense that I can ask…

Question: “How much do you expect to sell this year?” 
Answer: $100,000

+

Question: What percent do you pay in Credit Card processing fees?

Answer: 3%

Me: It sounds like you are paying 3,000 year in processing fees.

And do things like commas, %, or $’s throw this off? 

I also need to add up all their savings from various methods at the end of the quiz.

Before I go down this rabbit hole, can Typeform do this? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated or if support has any help articles, I’m all about reading them. I looked and didn’t see anything pop up. So it might be how I’m searching. I feel like this has to be a common question. :)

Thanks all!

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 July 2022, 16:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MrsLydia Happy Wednesday! We don’t have an option to automatically add the number type to a question, so you would either need to ask your respondents for this information or leave the number as-is. 

So the number type response… does it force them to enter a number without symbols? (or can they add symbols like commas ,dollar signs, percents, etc. when answering?)

And can anything be done with that data? I know we can repeat it using the @sign.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MrsLydia That’s correct. If you use the numbers block, it won’t allow anything other than a number to be entered in the field. 

As for your second question, you can use the recall feature, but what are you looking to do with the data? That will help me answer the question a bit better. 🙂

Well if question one is: What do you hope to make this year? and the answer is 100,000 

and question two is: What do you pay in Credit card processing fees (%)? and the answer is 3. 

I can use logic to determine that 3,000 is what I would save them. Can I recall the $3,000 somewhere?

At the end, it would be nice to give them a report of I can save you, @recall, @recall, @recall.

Wow, look at that! My $1,500 course is totally worth it ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MrsLydia Oh! Got it. Thanks! You could create an ending and recall that information! Or, you could add a statement block with that info in case you’d like to have a different ending to the form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Were you able to add the recall feature in the end, @MrsLydia? When you're done with your form, don't forget to send it to us so we can give you some feedback! 😀