Answered

Can you get automated receipt confirmation straight after purchase via Stripe in Typeform?

Badge

I’m setting up my first Typeform with payment - been using Typeform for years but only now I wanted to collect payments for award entries.

My main issue is that I can’t see any automated confirmation after the purchase for receipts and invoices. People will need this as proof of purchase.

Does anyone know if this is possible. Typeform support is not responding, there is little on about it and I have tested few payments and not go one email confirmation.

Can someone that has some experience help me please?

I’m launching this baby this week, ewwww.

Thanks, George

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2021, 13:19

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@pausefest - welcome to the community from a fellow user 

I had the same question as Stripe does not send out it’s own confirmation. What i did was to put in place a user email response after they submit the form/order, that shows the following:

This is set up in the Setting - Email Notifications and has worked fine for me so far .. 

not sure if it is much help but hopefully a small bit .. 

des

Badge

That was speedy! Thank you.

You have much complex form than what I have atm. I was looking how to best structure it but didn’t find anything like this. I didn’t think that Typeform can send email notifications. So I go into Settings for this?

I have just found this link:

I’m not tech head of any kind so I’ll give it a try and see what I get.

Badge

Sorry Des but I can’t find this Email Notifications in my Settings, has nothing on emails...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@pausefest - check out the images below. if you are on the new builder you will see the first image if on the older classic builder, the second image. from either of those you can find the email to respondents. 

while the integromat integration works, you need an integromat account and this native bit inside typeform works just fine for me… 

keep in mind that the respondent email is sent after they hit the submit button on the typeform, not just the payment question button.. so make sure that you have the user close out the typeform through the end after your payment question. 

des

Badge

Perfect. I was looking in the Settings of hte Typeform not the actual form itself. Will check it out now. This is very helpful. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pausefest Were you able to get the notification receipts setup? :grin:

Badge

Hi @Liz yes I have as basic response. But haven’t been able to integrate proper invoicing yet. There are some issues with ZOHO integration I have no idea why… need some tech help on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @pausefest 

@john.desborough’s solution works great if you are happy with a plain text email.
But if you want to leverage the branded receipt generated by Stripe you might be interested by this small hack.

It relies on Typeform webhook and Stripe API to update a charge on Stripe with an email. And by doing so, it will send the receipt by email.

Hope it can help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung - Thanks Nico.. that is a great little bit of kit!

cheers

des

Badge

Thanks @picsoung!

I need to do something or I’ll be just creating invoices manually for the rest of my life… lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@pausefest Nobody has time for that ha! Let us know how this setup works for you. :grin:

I think this could be easily solved if Typeform could send the email field to Stripe along with the transaction. Then you could automate Stripe receipts. Can we request this feature? Seems like a logical one. If Typeform is integrating payments, it should have a solution for receipts. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m happy to pass along any requests, @Alex Tsy !

Hi there,

We can’t get stripe to send automated receipts to customers once they’ve paid on typeform. I’ve seen on previous posts that a couple of people managed to do it by using a webhook. I am afraid I wouldn’t know how to do that. Is there an easier way to get it sorted?

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lauraukce I’ve added your post here where we have an existing discussion about this. 😀

Thanks @Liz but I have seen this already, and even though it’s helpful, it is not what we need.

What we’d like is to automate stripe receipts. We’ve set up notifications on typeform but we’d like customers to receive a proper receipt from Stripe.  As @Alex Tsy  mentioned above, this problem could be  solved if Typeform sent the email field to Stripe along with the transaction.  We’d like to request that too. 

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @Lauraukce . As we don’t have this feature available, I definitely suggest using the workarounds mentioned above in the meantime!

Another problem with this integration is that Typeform does not send the item name to Stripe so there's no description for accounting. The name of the product should be added on this integration so that it reaches Stripe via the description field

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Alex Tsy Thanks for the feedback - we’ll pass it along to product. 😊

We’re also looking to automate receipts via Stripe!