Car insurance quote page

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi Typeform community 

I am looking to start a new car insurer and need to create (cheaply and quickly) a form where customers can get a car insurance quote. The form will need to have quite a few backend integrations. For example, vehicle reg number input should fetch car details (from an external API) and display them to the customer. 

The form will also require quite a bit of logic. For example, the ability to add additional drivers and ask about claims if they have had a claim in the past.  

Would Typeform be able to do this? Or, rather, are there other solutions out there that would suit my needs better? Or is Typeform the best solution for my needs? 

Thanking you in advance. 

Dino

Liz 2 years ago

Hi @DinoB Welcome to the community! I hope you’re having a good one. 

When building a Typeform, it’s important to note that it isn’t possible to connect the form to other databases, so you would need to input all the information into the form before the respondent fills it out. In this case, researching the vehicle registration number wouldn’t be possible. 

One place I would suggest starting would be our templates here. This will give you a chance to try building the form to see what works for you and the style you’re looking for. For example, you could start with this window cleaning quote template and adjust it with the questions you need. 

Hopefully this helps you get started!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DinoB Welcome to the community! I hope you’re having a good one. 

When building a Typeform, it’s important to note that it isn’t possible to connect the form to other databases, so you would need to input all the information into the form before the respondent fills it out. In this case, researching the vehicle registration number wouldn’t be possible. 

One place I would suggest starting would be our templates here. This will give you a chance to try building the form to see what works for you and the style you’re looking for. For example, you could start with this window cleaning quote template and adjust it with the questions you need. 

Hopefully this helps you get started!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @DinoB! How are you doing today? I was wondering if you had a chance to follow the advice my friend Liz suggested above? Let us know if you did and what was the outcome of it! Have a nice day. :sunny: