Question

Change variable when going to previous screen?

• 20 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I would like to show a calculation of a number that the user has put in on one of my screens. It did it like so:

After that screen, they would see their value (like a price) and if they are unsatisfied with that, I would like for them to have an option to change the previous answer and have it calculated again. This is what I did:

When I tested this, the calculation worked for the first time but when the option to change their initial value is chosen, the resulting value is 0. Can anyone help with this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @jessie8o8! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

If your respondent is not satisfied with their sealing goal, you want them to go back to the "How much do you plan to seal?" question? And do you want to reset this value? 

We don't have a feature to reset a @score when they go back to question 4, however, you can create conditions subtracting their score, so they can start from zero again. Your logic jump would look like this: Typeform - Create 🔊 2021-08-24 at 8.36.28 PM
Then, you can select to jump to question 4 and do the whole calculation again.

Hope it helps! :wink:

If your respondent is not satisfied with their sealing goal, you want them to go back to the "How much do you plan to seal?" question? And do you want to reset this value? 

Yes this is exactly what I want to happen.

Hi! Their values would range from 1-1000 so I wouldn't like to have to make 1000 conditions to reset each value. To “reset” the value tried 2 things that both didn't work:

1. Multiply value by 0
  2. Subtract that value by itself

Both resulted in the calculation to be 0 even if the user put a non-zero value in. You got any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jessie8o8 Were you able to give @Gabi Amaral ‘s suggestion a try at all? I’m afraid I don’t have any further suggestions, but @john.desborough may! :grinning: