Answered

Clickable link in respondent notifications

• 14 July 2021
  • 9 replies

How to make clicable link in respondents notifications. I don’t see such option, and e-mails comes with adress, which is impossilbe to click.

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 July 2021, 00:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jarekkaniewski Thanks for stopping by the. community! Our notifications are plain text HTML, so we don’t have an out-of-box solution for adding links to the emails. Though, you can try using HTML coding to add the link, but just note that we can’t support this if anything goes wrong. 

To add the link, you would put this in the email: 

<a href="url">link text</a>

Hope that helps!

Hi @Liz, I have a question regarding this topic!:pray_tone2:

Can I include a field to the url, like the image below?

It works fine the first time, but when I check the Notification again, the link looks like this:
htttps://belltech.typeform/to/MKiNHF37#name=”>Click Here
and is sent to the email as plain text. By the way, when I use a regular link (without the #name part) it works like a charm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Paulo Great question! Our notification emails are plain text, so while you can add custom code to them, we can’t guarantee that it’ll work. 

One suggestion I would make would be to connect your form to Zapier and send the notifications emails through an app like Gmail directly, which would allow you to send emails with more customization. 

Thanks @Liz!

I had hope to make it natively and avoid using Zapier, but it looks like there’s no other solution on the horizon.:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - you could use Google Sheets to connect and dump the data then Document Studio add-on for Google Sheets to create the custom email to send - and include the link as you have defined it… 

just sayin’ … it’s an integration but it’s native 

Thanks @john.desborough! I'm very unfamiliar to Document Studio and was looking for a excuse to learn more about it. Maybe now is the time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - give this a try for an example of what you can do with Document Studio. There is a customized report that comes back to you if you include email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how Document Studio goes, @Paulo ! I’m sure you’ll create something great with it. :grin:

@john.desborough Thank you! I got the report and now I’m sure that I need to learn to use Document Studio ASAP!

@Liz I’ll keep you posted! It looks promising!