Answered

Combining values of multiple variables in a multiple choice question?

• 4 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey all! 

I tried searching for an existing answer to this question but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for.

The project I’m working on currently is a quote engine for device repair. The basic desired flow of the form is What type of device do you have > what model is it > what services do you want > do you want overnight shipping > here’s your quote, enter in your info and we’ll reach out to you asap. 

The roadblock I’m running into is step 3 > what services do you want. I want my customers to be able to select multiple services, but if they do that then the engine is going to have to take the variables attached to those services (for that specific model) and add them up, and apply a bulk discount. 

That’s where I’m stuck … how do I get the system to add up variables that the customer chooses?

Right now I can create IF/AND equations, but if I were to do that I would have to iterate every single possible combination of options in Step 3 … for hundreds of devices. 

Hopefully this is doable and I’m just dumb and haven’t found the solution yet, ha. 

Thanks everyone! 

icon

Best answer by mathio 7 February 2024, 08:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough is definitely your variable/calculations guru!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SpaceMan647 - sorry for the delay in getting to this one, life got in the way. 

Can  you take a screenshot or do a short video outlining the scenario, please and thanks. That will help understand any potential approaches to resolving this more efficiently, if possible.. 

@Liz  - there might be a prior post in here from either @mathio or @picsoung that described use a webhook to go out to an external source, do some of the ‘calculations’ and then return a value/data back to the/a form in the next step (something to do with cell phone models and pricing???) - that might be something that would work here but is beyond my ken. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @john.desborough 

I am humbled that you remember my little side projects 🙃 This is it:

https://mathio.github.io/typeform-embed/html/retrieve-from-google-sheet.html 

Full source code is on GIthub.