Answered

Creating several sub scores

• 4 February 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Typeform Folks and Friends,

I am working with calculator. But would like to have instead of one “master SCORE” several “SUB SCORE”.

So each set of answers generates a score set per group.

This would be powerful to calculate balances scores of several items.

Any thoughts on this idea or available score? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 February 2021, 19:10

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dharminder Biharie . Thanks for joining the community! Our new builder allows you to have multiple variables per form. :) You can learn more about this feature here. If the new builder isn’t in your account yet, we’re working on adding it to all accounts, so you should see it there soon. 

Would this help with what you’re looking to build? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dharminder Biharie  - a user here with a comment on creating scores in question groups

I have a typeform that asks people to rate 4 questions groups of 4 questions in each. I have variables “group1score”, group2score etc. At the end of each question group i have a confirmation screen that shows the subquestion responses and asks them to confirm they are happy (if not back to top question in that group) in order to get to the next question group.

At the end i have a summary confirmation page (a yes/no)that shows the group scores and total score and asks if they are happy with that (or go back to top and start again) then i route them to one of for statement pages outlining the overall results and ‘recommendations’. The page also asks them if they would like a pdf report sent to their email address, which is collected on the next page if they say yes. 

so i think that might outline how i have been able to solve the same initial question that i had as well about group scores. 

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oo! Thanks for sharing, @john.desborough !

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your reply. I need to test this next week and see what is working. If the multiple variables per form work, I am saved by the bell:-)

This gives the user more possibilities to create better calculation and forms for assessments. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Dharminder Biharie Let us know if that works for you or if you think of any other questions!

Badge

Hi All,
I have a likewise question. I have a quiz with several questions and 10 variables.

each answer will create different scores on the different variables.

Answer 1 gives 4 points on variable A, 5 points on variable B, etc

Answer 2 gives -1 point on varianbla B and 3 points on variable B, etc

After 8 questions you have all different scores on the 10 variables.

At the end I want to transfer the respondent to a specific endingpage that corresponds to the variable with the highest score. How can I do that?

Thanks in avance

Stefan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@StefanK - you would use the logic rules at the end of the 8 questions to evaluate the score and route them to one of the pages you would need to create in the endings area: the logic might follow this type of path:

• if v1 is GT than v2 AND v1 is GT v3 AND .. etc to GT v10, then go to ending page 1
  • if v2 is GT than v3 AND etc… to GT v10 then go to ending page 2

etc. 

this would need to be repeated for all the variables in a declining fashion but once done would route the user to one of 10 ending pages.. 

it’s a little clunky to set up in Typeform but it works - i use this structure on a couple of my forms. 

des

Badge

@john.desborough 

Thanks for your answer. Either I'm not looking well enough or you're to positive about the functionalities :)
As far as I can see I cant make the comparison “if v1 is GT than v2 AND v1 is GT v3 AND .. etc to GT v10”. It seems as if I can only say “if v1 is GT than <number value>.

See printscreen below.

I would be so happy if Im just not looking well enough :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@StefanK - 

here’s a snippet of the logic that i had to walk through to do the evaluation at my end.. it’s about playing with the logic of testing if  Vx -Vy is greater than zero, then Vx -Vz is GT zero, etc. 

the image below shows one sample step of checking V1 against V2 .. it’s a simple statement, I know, but it does work. where I am using it, i just counted the number of statements/rules and to check 7 question group subtotals, it took me about 45 logic rules and a number included conditions (6 hours and 8 coffees to figure it out in the middle of the night)

It would be so much easier if (and when) Typeform added the functionality to compare variables directly in logic statements… 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@StefanK - here is a sample of how i walked it through looking at 3 variables to see if v1 is largest then go to ending page A otherwise go to ending page B..  give it a test run and see if this gets you part way to what you are seeking 

des

Badge

Thanks @john.desborough , I will start creating my endings based on your logic.

Very helpful! Thanks

Badge

@john.desborough ,

I still dont really get how you do the calculations. Below you find a list of a possible results of my quiz. 

You start with the IF score_A > 0. As you can see I can score negative results.

does this mean that I should start with If scrore A > 0 and score B > 0, then subtract score B from score A?

And when I Understand correctly, I should say

IF a > 0, then subtract B from A. If A >0, go to landingpage A

IF a > 0, then subtract C from A. If A >0, go to landingpage A

IF a > 0, then subtract D from A. If A >0, go to landingpage A

etc.

then

IF B > 0, then subtract C from B. If B >0, go to landingpage B

IF B > 0, then subtract D from B. If B >0, go to landingpage B

etc

If you subtract so many (b, c, d, e, etc) variables from A in the end it will become less then ) right?

I guess I just dont understand you reasoning :)

Thanks

Stefan 

GCM score 5
ATF score  -6
GÖ score  -3
MIX score  -1
MTC score 6
AUTF score 2
BTF score  13
RTCL score  10
RTC score 8
QTC score 1
REGTC score 3
REGTCI score  12
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@StefanK - here are screenshots of the entire logic sequence i used - yes you are on the right track and some variables might be less than zero but from what you say, you want to direct the user to the ending page associated with the highest number.. All i am doing is evaluating/comparing scores to determine which is larger ie if v1 = 2 and v2 = 3, then when i subtract v2 from v1 AND the v1_bigger variable is less than 0 for that single calculation, i know that v1 is not the biggest.. 

hopefully you can follow the logic of the 7 other voices in my head from the images below (i have overlapped the screen captures to allow for ease of following (i think))

Badge

Dear @john.desborough,

Now I understand what you mean. You add variables to make the equation. Now I have the issue that I have 13 “base” variables. So the only way to do this, is creating some 66 extra variables to duplicate all the base ones to teh equation ones…. thats quite an interesting job.
@Liz, How far is typeform with creating a simple ranking function for this?

Thanks!

Stefan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@StefanK I can certainly share this feedback with the product team! This isn’t currently a feature in development sadly. 

Badge

@Liz and @john.desborough 

I'm still stuck in my formulas. I didnt fully follow your instructions John, got stuck somewhere half way. But is seems as if typeform starts calculating at the wrong time.

I have 8 questions. Each answer on these 8 questions can influence 12 different variables. After the 8th question I want to compare these variables.

To do so, I duplicate my variables to a copy-variable and then I start calculating. But typeform starts calculting with my copy-variable already after question 1. This is fairly strange and makes is somehow impossible to make proper calculations. Do you have any idea what might go wrong?

Please check my quiz. After each question I show a subtotal of the scores (just for myself to check if all things are going fine). And as an extra check i display the copy-variables. As you can see, it starts calculating already after Q1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@StefanK - that’s the way i test things out as well.. i see the variables changing as i answer the form. It’s a little hard to answer completely without seeing the logic/calculation screens behind the scenes. there are a couple of options available for that if you want (and if @Liz has the time to address one that she can with her ‘goddess-level’ powers as granted by her Typeform role - she really is great by the way) :

• if @Liz is willing and able to explore the logic behind the scenes for your, you can connect with her and provide her with the access to your workspace/form to look directly at it from a form admin perspective
  • you could post the whole series of screenshots of the logic here, like i did for my little sample, so that we can review and test
  • you could, if you prefer, send the screen shots to me in a email to have a look - I know that there are some things we don’t want to share for the world to see (IP, competitive advantage sort of stuff)  - you can direct message me if you would to discuss that part.. 

hope that makes sense (and @Liz, that I am not offside here)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha @john.desborough not offside at all! If you’re still experiencing some troubles with the logic, our support team can log into your account and look further into this. The downside is that you’d need to contact them through your account email here, but they’ll be able to look directly in your account. :grinning:

Badge +1

@StefanK - here are screenshots of the entire logic sequence i used - yes you are on the right track and some variables might be less than zero but from what you say, you want to direct the user to the ending page associated with the highest number.. All i am doing is evaluating/comparing scores to determine which is larger ie if v1 = 2 and v2 = 3, then when i subtract v2 from v1 AND the v1_bigger variable is less than 0 for that single calculation, i know that v1 is not the biggest.. 

hopefully you can follow the logic of the 7 other voices in my head from the images below (i have overlapped the screen captures to allow for ease of following (i think))

Tell me, please, what to do if the variable “v1biggerv2” is less than 0?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dizdonchik Thanks for stopping by the community! I would first suggest setting up your calculations so that the form can’t go lower than 0, as we aren’t easily able to support negative numbers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dizdonchik @Liz - if the v1biggerv2 is less than 0 it just means that V2 is greater than V1, so set the associated text variable to NO. 

des