Answered

Creating squared numbers in a maths quiz

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are creating a Maths quiz to support our online courses - so that families can know which level to choose. I can’t seem to create squared numbers - how can I do this?  Very important in Algebra!

Thanks Jean

icon

Best answer by JeanMcK 14 March 2022, 21:42

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JeanMcK Happy Friday! We don’t have an option for squaring numbers within the form, at least that I’m aware of. 

@john.desborough or @Paulo have either of you seen any workarounds for this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JeanMcK @Liz - you do it as simply as in this example 

which has a variable called v_result created

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for your info.  I have also found that superscript did the trick where the questions were already formed. I have used a template so not really familiar with the details you sent John but thank you for your help anyway. 

https://lingojam.com/SuperscriptGenerator

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JeanMcK that’s good to know - thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Don't forget to share your Math quiz with us once it's ready, @JeanMcK! Would love to see which is my level (no high expectations though! Haha) 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Lol- absolutely, ahead of you there - has already planned to share :)

https://impacttutoring.typeform.com/AgebraQuiz

Check out our website too.

www.impacttutoring.co.nz

We are utilising typeform to create a quiz where kids can see if they need extra help.  Which is where our online course come in!!

Have fun, Jean

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @JeanMcK! Hahaha It's pretty hard! I don't remember a lot of these formulas :joy:

If you allow me, I'd love to give some feedback. I think the logic needs some rearranging. I've selected several options for each question, and I'd always get the option "Correct", no matter if the answer was correct or incorrect. I believe you should create another page to redirect your respondent when they select an "Incorrect" answer after each question.

Other than that, amazing! Let's teach some Algebra to the kids! Hehehe :sunglasses:  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Gabi Amaral thank you so much for your help!  I have applied ‘logic’ and fixed the issue you talked about.  Every time I spend time with it I am gaining more knowledge.  I am really amazed at how simply it was embedded into our facebook page too - yipee!

I really appreciate you following up so I could correct those errors.

Thank you, Jean McKenzie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, you're welcome @JeanMcK ! That's why we're here! :blush: Happy to hear you're gaining more knowledge, is there anything specific you learned that you'd like to share with us?

Nice, send us the link to your Facebook page! We'd love to check how your form looks over there! :pray_tone2:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there, here is the link!

https://www.facebook.com/impacttutoringnz

Scroll down a wee way and you will find the quiz.

We plan to repeat with a range of other quizzes too using the same template.

Regards Jean McKenzie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's nice @JeanMcK! Don't forget to share these other quizzes with us once they're ready! It's a great initiative, congrats for that! :wink:  Ah, and feel free to ask whatever other questions you have! We'll always be ready to help!