Crowdin integration and multi-language Typeforms

• 19 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

Kinda new here, but I was surprised as to how little community knowledge there appears to be on this topic. 

I am working on a complex Typeform survey, with long-ish endings, that needs to be administered in 10+ languages.

• Has anyone tried the Crowdin integration yet? Any feedback / experience to share?
  • Does Typeform allow jumps from one language to another at any given stage of the answering process?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as the project implementation progresses 😄

Thanks in advance for your time

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @santiago7 Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. I don’t personally know anyone that has used that integration, but possibly @john.desborough has with some of his clients. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @santiago7 - that’s a big NO from me.. none of my clients has ever asked about Crowdin and I have not done any research into it. 

@santiago7 - in terms of “in-form” language switching that isn’t possible (ie between q3 and q5 change from English to French) - however: you could create parallel versions of your typeforms in the other languages and use logic rules and redirection with a series of shorter forms to move someone from one language to another.. something like this

• on q3 of English version: You’ve completed a couple of questions in English - there are more questions to answer but we do have them in other languages. Choose one from the list below if you would like to change language
    • logic rules on q3: if q3 is A (French) then go to ending A (redirect that routes user to French-language form starting with q4
      • one for each language and one to stay in English … 
    • redirect url would be built using hidden fields to capture the info required about the user ie email or other unique identifier you have set so that you can link the forms together AND the details on which form they came from - a variable you set to track more easily.

just a couple of thoughts on how to switch between languages.. 

des

Hi @santiago7 ,

I have lots of experience with Crowdin. Translating your form to 10 languages should not be a problem at all. A free Crowdin account should be sufficient, just install Typefrom app from Crowdin’s marketplace 

After you sync you form from Typeform to Crowdin, you can buy translations from Crowdin Language Services or invite your agency/translators

Start from here by clicking Install https://store.crowdin.com/type-form-app

Crowdin has 24x7 tech support available

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @serhiy Oh! Hello! I didn’t know you were in the community. 😀 So glad you’re here, and thank you for sharing this! 

Hi @santiago7 ,

I have lots of experience with Crowdin. Translating your form to 10 languages should not be a problem at all. A free Crowdin account should be sufficient, just install Typefrom app from Crowdin’s marketplace 

After you sync you form from Typeform to Crowdin, you can buy translations from Crowdin Language Services or invite your agency/translators

Start from here by clicking Install https://store.crowdin.com/type-form-app

Crowdin has 24x7 tech support available

@serhiy Thank you so much!