Question

CTA doesn't work

Badge

Hi everyone,

At the endings, I have enabled the button, and added a URL. But when I preview the survey, the CTA doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Raquel 

13 replies

Hi @Raquel! This is from another user.:relaxed:

I think the button link isn't part of the preview. I'm guessing it would work if you respond the published version of the form instead of the preview. I hope it helps!

Badge

Thank you @Paulo for the quick reply

That’s what I was thinking, however when I hyperlink the text - the link works fine. 

@Raquel I'm not sure I'm understanding this right. You mean even if you answer your published form the button isn't working?

Would you mind sharing a screencast or the link for your form so we can have a better understand of the issue?

Badge

Hi Paulo

Below what I am currently doing

• Adding the button link in one of the endings 

• Publish the survey 
  • When I am previewing it, the CTA Shop Now does not work, but the click “here” on the last sentence works fine

Hi @Raquel I think the button link and the hyperlink are two different features. As far as I know, the button link doesn't work on the preview page, only in the real published version of your form. When you answer the published form the button link should work fine. At least worked in the test form I created here.:sweat_smile:
Were you able to test in the published form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Raquel - welcome from another user. 

@Paulo is correct: the ‘button’ is not active in preview but hyperlinks will work. Once you publish the form the button will be active. This is expected behaviour. 

des

Badge

Thank you for your reply;)

Badge

Hi guys @john.desborough and @Paulo 

I have published my survey and the CTAs are still not working on the website embed :

Is there some thing I am doing wrong?

Hi @Raquel! Would you mind posting a screencast of the issue? If the button isn't active in the published form, a screencast of the problem happening would put us in a better position to try to help.:slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Raquel - can you post a link to the published typeform so that we can have a peek at it please??

thanks

des

Badge

Hi @Paulo - I cant take a photo of the issue. The survey is embedded on the website, and published in Typeform, but the links are not working. I will share with you the survey link below:

@john.desborough - Thank you for you help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Raquel! Thanks for being here. :blue_heart:

I've made some tests with your survey and when I fill it in here, I'm not being able to access the "Shop Now" link. However, when I use the link to the form, the CTAs were working just fine.

So I suspect this has something to do with the embedding process on your website. Maybe my friend @Liz can have any ideas of why this is happening? :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Raquel would you mind sharing the URL where you have the form embedded so I can give this a try? Happy to take a peek at the code!