Answered

Custom Respondent Notification Per Section

• 29 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to create a branching series of questions. I want some of those questions to trigger a content block in the respondent notification email. All questions will be either yes/no or multiple choice. 

What’s the best way to do this? 

icon

Best answer by James 30 November 2023, 16:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JoelCouch72 

If I’m understanding the questions right then there are a couple of ways to do it, using the Follow-ups feature.

If you’re setting up logic in your form to branch people to different ending screens depending on the permutations of what they answer, then you can configure different follow-up emails to be sent depending on which ending they landed on. A bit like this:

If you’re not using logic to show a certain ending screen to people you can still configure the follow-up based on the permutations of what they answer. e.g.:

1. Set the conditions for triggering the email

2. Edit the content of the email to match what you want to send based on those conditions

Is this what you’re looking to achieve? If not, could you share some more details or an example so we can take a closer look? Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@James  This may get me closer. Let me see if I can bring a little more clarity as to what I am trying to accomplish. 

Example Scenario - Client Onboarding

Typeform Questions Style Sample:

Introduce Feature and ask if they are interested in more information on that feature. Depending on their answers there may be more related features, hence a branching chain. 

For each feature they are interested in we have a response to help give them more detail and walk them through that feature. This can be a small blurb and a link in the email. This would give us the ability to craft a customized onboarding “how-to” guide for the client. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JoelCouch72 I’m pretty sure this could work for you. In this case you would need to create separate follow-ups for each combination of features selected (i.e. which ones they clicked “Yes” to see more info about).

Then you would edit the “action” for each of these to create the corresponding email content based on the features included.

For example, assuming you were showing information on 3 features, you would create different follows up for: feature 1, feature 2, feature 3, features 1&2, features 1&3, features 2&3. You then just edit the email blurb for each based on the features they chose.

Here’s a rudimentary version of how it might look (apologies for the very “meta” example haha). I didn’t map all permutations but if you select them all or just select features 1 + 3 and enter your email you should be able to see what it would look like.

Is this the kind of thing you meant?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@James First off, thank you for putting this together, really appreciate it. 

Yes, this would check the box with the example you suggested. However, what if there were 20 features? And a few of those leading to a couple more. 

In the example you gave it would get a bit out of control. However, I really like that it didn’t rely on 3rd party integration. 

Do you see this as a good solution for a larger list of features? I could totally be missing something. 

If not, is there a different method I would want to implement in that case?

Thanks again for the time and effort on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JoelCouch72 - what you are really looking at is taking the input from the questions and moving that into an automation sequence outside of typeform  in your ESP (think Keap or Active Campaign) - based on the ‘tagging’ of the responses and building out the dynamically generated report (using something like google sheets and document studio) - that would be fed into the different workstreams of the automation tool 

you CAN do this in Typeform based on what @James is suggesting but the complexity of what you are seeking is realistically beyond the followups/notification feature within the tool

just my tuppence

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JoelCouch72 in that case, I would be inclined to agree with @john.desborough . 20+ options, while possible, is enough to induce nightmares in terms of mapping all the permutations :P

As des points out you could tag the data from the responses and pass to your email/marketing automation software - either via a native integration or Zapier depending what you’re using. Let us know if you need any more info in terms of how you might configure the integration based on what you’re using. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks to both of your for chiming in. @john.desborough I had to look up tuppence, I hadn’t heard that before. 

I am looking to use Microsoft’s Power Automate since it integrates with Typeform. I will pass this off to either ConvertKit since I happen to have it linked to Mighty Networks or Dynamics 365 Sales. 

If either of you have any experience with such things I’m all ears. 

Thanks again for your time and consideration. I always like to be sure about a level of complexity before I begin.