Answered

Customizing Survey for Different Customers

• 11 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!  I have an online store that sells a large number of different products.  I’m hoping to send a really simple survey out to customers who have placed orders to ask them for feedback on the specific products they have purchased.  Is there anyway to customize the survey so that it can be pre-loaded with the names of the products that specific customer has purchased so that they can just add a rating & comment without having to type the product name in themselves?  For example, can I link the survey to some kind of data input sheet, or is there a way to customise manually (I’m in test phase right now so only need to manage c. 20 surveys).  Thanks in advance!!

icon

Best answer by Mariana 11 March 2021, 10:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lroberts. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

Nice use case! You can achieve this using hidden fields. Once you have this implemented, the URL of your form will be like this: "https://yourdomain.typeform.com/to/nzthWI#product=xxxxx".  

The “xxxxx” after “product=” is the Hidden Field. All you need to do is replace it with the product that your customer has bought. Then, you can use recall information to display the hidden field in the form. For example, "How would you rate @[hidden field product]?" → This way, the question will be customized according to the product you've added to the hidden field :) 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much! Will it be possible to include multiple different products in the same survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lroberts you could certainly add multiple hidden fields into the URL, though you’d want to create a different hidden field for each one to capture the data. For example, your form could look like: 

"https://yourdomain.typeform.com/to/nzthWI#product1=xxxxx&product2=xxxxx&product3=xxxxx".  

This is because it won’t be possible to pass all the products into one hidden field easily, depending on where you have the product information stored.