Skip to main content
Answered

Customizing the Logic of Conditional Questions in Typeform - Emmanuel Katto

• 12 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, I am Emmanuel Katto from Uganda. I'm building a Typeform survey that has multiple conditional questions based on user input. However, I'm having trouble customizing the logic behind these conditions. Specifically, I want to:

• Check if a user's answer to a previous question meets certain conditions (e.g., if they've selected a specific option)
  • Use that information to show or hide subsequent questions
  • Display different questions based on the user's previous answers

I've tried using Typeform's built-in conditionals (e.g., "Show if", "Hide if", etc.), but I need more flexibility and customization options. Can anyone provide some examples or best practices for achieving this?

Thanks!

Emmanuel Katto

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @emmanuelkatto thanks for stopping by the community, I’ve moved your post to the Typeform section so more people see it! @Liz maybe you have some insights?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @emmanuelkatto Have you taken a look at this article yet? It should walk you through the steps of setting up logic jumps to show different questions based on your respondent’s previous answers. 😀

Thanks @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You’re welcome, @emmanuelkattouganda ! Let me know how it goes with that article!