Answered

Data collection form for dietary requirements of guests before an event

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I work for a company that delivers immersive theatre and dining experiences. As part of this, once someone purchases ticket/s to one of our shows, we send out a dietary request form. At the moment we are hosting this is in a Google Form and I’d like to replicate this in Typeform.

Two reasons being, 1. a more professional experience for customers and 2. Typeform integrates with our marketing platform which means I can send the form responses to use in emails (including referencing the submitted details). 

I am coming into multiple issues that I’m hoping someone can share solutions to. In an ideal world, this would be the flow and format of the form. 

Question 1 - Contact form (including name, email, phone number) 
Question 2 - Date question of what performance they will be attending 
Question 3 - How many guests/tickets do you have - NUMBER 
Question 4 - This could be a list of the dietary options (no requirements, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, allergens, other) where you would be able to type the number of guests per each option OR similarly to the matrix you would select each of the options that were relevant 

^ if the second option, the next question/s would use the guest number they entered to type in how many vegans in attendance, how many dairy free etc. 

Then, this would need to be followed with free text boxes for the Allergens and Other options. 

I really want to avoid to using free text questions as the answers that are given will never be cohesive and therefore difficult to interoperate on event days. 

Here’s examples I’ve used that I’d like to avoid. 

This doesn’t work as you have to give an option for all guests and the amount of guests people have can completely vary. 

This has more potential to work but the branching logic would need to be VAST to consider all the options someone might have. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 March 2023, 20:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sarameikle Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by. Have you seen our article here on showing questions that apply based on answers? This might be a good starting place for the issues above!