Answered

Data Entry

• 26 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I’m looking to replicate a spreadsheet where I can have multiple lines of data entry, that could have some math checks between the cells in real time, that could export the answers to a google sheet.

Any idea on how this could be done, if possible at all? I’m new to the platform and tried out all the question types and didn’t think it was possible, but I thought I would ask.

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 January 2022, 21:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CarsonG12345 Thanks for stopping by and welcome to Typeform! It isn’t possible to connect Typeform to a database, so you would need to have all of the questions/calculations set in the form. What are the kinds of calculations you’re looking to make? 

I’m trying to create a form to accept time stamps that someone would enter manually, and have unlimited lines in the form they could continue to add more data as they need. Hopefully the example i’ve written out below kind of shows what I mean. I would want to allow people to add new rows as they need to add additional times. I would also want to make sure that the time stamps make sense, meaning cell 1B is after 1A, and 1B is before 2A. There’s other stuff I would want to do, but this is the core of what I’d be hoping to be able to capture and export to a spreadsheet.

Example
Cell 1A…………...Cell 1B…………….Cell 1C
00:01:23 ……….00:02:45………...Comments

Cell 2A…………...Cell 2B…………….Cell 2C
00:03:11………..00:05:22…………Comments

Also thanks for taking the time to respond to my question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CarsonG12345 You would first need to add as many questions as the respondent may answer, as we don’t have a feature that would allow them to add in as many fields as they would like. 

You could then use a short text for them to add in the timestamps, but I don’t think we have a way to verify that the timestamp format is correct. Is this the calculation you’re hoping for? 

@Liz - Yes, i would be looking to make sure the timestamp doesn’t cotain any letters, would be great if it could make sure it was in a specified number, number, colon, ..( 00:00:00 ) format. And that each time stamp is in a correct position, meaning they are in chronological ascending order.

Sounds like it’s not possible then! Thanks for investigating this idea with me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No problem, @CarsonG12345 ! Sorry I couldn’t be much more help, but hopefully the solution above can get you started. :grin: