Answered

Date of Birth / Over 18

• 15 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I ask for clients date of birth in a factfind questionnaire. I’ve had instances where the client would input 2024 as the birth year. Is there a logic / rule that would only allow dates over 18 years to be input?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 March 2024, 17:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cat88 Thanks for stopping by the community! You could set a logic like this: 

And then in the go-to part, you could send them to a statement block that says something like, “Sorry, only over the age of 18” or the ending page with this information as well!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Liz. If it goes to a ‘Statement’ block, can they go back to rectify the DOB and then continue the rest of the survey, DOB question is an early question in a c.20 min survey

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cat88 Yes, the respondent should still be able to return back to that question to adjust their response. If you don’t want them to, you could send them to an ending instead. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Liz, is there a way that the logic can be automatically updated so I dont have to update the logic year every year, i.e. DOB before 2006 this year, 2007 next year and so on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cat88 While we don’t have this feature in the platform, you could try to set this up programmatically using our APIs