Answered

Decimals

• 11 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I am unable to have decimal number input when I set it up as number input only. Any tips?

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 August 2023, 16:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @domnayek Thanks for stopping by the community! We don’t currently support decimals, but I can share your feedback with the product team. 

Guys... I've seen this being requested in at least 5 different posts, going as far back as early 2021.

And every time, the 'feedback is shared with the product team.' Yet here we are, almost 3 years later, and the simplest functionality (adding a '.' to a number input) is still not available.

I spent 2-3 hours building a form to my specifications, only to realize that my users cannot input a decimal, making the entire form useless. I'm forced to move on, left with a very bitter taste from dealing with a stagnant, slow-moving, deflecting 'tech' company.

Maybe you care to discuss work arounds or actually escalate this feature request once and for all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @c.r.pechau Totally get the frustration - I want decimals, too! I’ll share the feedback about there being no notification about decimals in the product. That would be really helpful. 

Just posting to add that I’d like to have decimals in my form. Otherwise, I’ll have to use Short Text instead of Number and do regex to get the decimal numbers out.

This is a one line code change. Please knock this out today.

Otherwise I need have to go with another service.