Question

Description for Answers in Multi-Choice scenario

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a scenario where I need to put a brief description on each answer that appears in a single Multi-Choice page.

Is there a way to do this without have a super long ‘answer’?

I have also tried uploading the descriptions as an image, but that is difficult to read properly and doesn’t render well on mobile.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shribe Happy Wednesday! I think your solution of adding an image is the best option for adding a description to each of the answers, I’m afraid. How long are each of the descriptions? 

Hey @Liz, Thanks for the response.

Some of the descriptions are up to 20 words long and I have 14 answers that could be selected from, so there’s a bit of content to display.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shribe Oh yes, that is quite a bit. I actually wonder if VideoAsk might be better suited for something like this. 

@andrew_videoask @Grace have either of you seen something like this work in VideoAsk? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @shribe and @Liz I think if you want to describe each of the 14 answers you might run into the same issues using VideoAsk, but it could be interesting using video to explain the different options.

I was wondering about using logic to branch each answer out to a broader description and then someone can select yes or go back from there 🤔

Thanks @Grace, the challenge I foresee with a video, is trying to remember multiple descriptions and options if you were after several options.

The challenge I see with logic branch is again around multiple choice. Not a great user experience having to click through/back multiple times if you want a few things or if someone is not sure what they need.
Has trigger my thought around the click through and that maybe I just need to have each option as an individual question (Do you want this?). Still has the undesired click-through sceanrio, but at least I can get the descriptions in nicely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @shribe yeh agree it could get quite confusing for the user to have to go back and forth. I like the idea of splitting it up though, let us know if that works for you 🤞