Answered

Display multiple choice in several columns

• 28 February 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Can the multiple choice be displayed in several column and not in 1 long column?

icon

Best answer by Mariana 1 March 2021, 18:05

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @makewinevideos.com. Happy Monday! :hugging:

This option hasn't been added to the builder, so I can share your feedback with the product team, can you please let me know how this feature would help you? 🙂 I'll be happy to share your thoughts with them! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your answer. It would be helpful for me to group the multiple choice into categories, to make it visually easier for the user to pick an option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I see, @makewinevideos.com. That makes sense! Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback with us. =)

Hi all! I'm creating a survey and I have a multiple choice question with 24 options. I would like to display these in 4 columns of 6 options one below the other. Does anyone know if that’s possible and what is the trick to do this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @SamenGezond. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

I moved your question to this thread so you can check the conversation related to the question you've asked. :) Please let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help! 

Thanks! Is there another option to display answers side by side? Or will this functionality be added in the short term? We are creating a survey with several validated questionnaires, including one where the many multiple choice answer options should be presented in a kind of table with 4 columns and 5 or 6 rows. Is that possible in some way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SamenGezond - it isn’t currently on the roadmap (that I’m aware of), but we’ll share this feedback with product!

It used to be possible to display multiple choice options in two columns, to avoid having to scroll. Is that option no longer available?

Even on the help page related to multiple choice questions it displays that ability.

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052409312-Multiple-Choice-question-

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @betatester. Happy Thursday :hugging:

I moved your question here so you can check the whole conversation about the design of the Multiple Choice question. I hope this helps! :) 

Hi - I’d also like the ability to do this please. It was possible in the old builder just a few weeks ago.. is this still accessible? Not really sure why you are taking away functionality with the new version - seems slightly counter-intuitive, no? 

From a conversion rate point of view it will have a negative impact if users are forced to scroll through one long column to choose their option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tom.adbetter I’ll share your feedback with our product team. I’m not sure why the feature was removed, but it’ll help for them to see any feedback users have regarding the layout of the multiple choice options. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello - I am interested in displaying choices side by side as well (24 categories).

Would like this also as the forms are stuck being vertically aligned center the embedded div needs to be too large for most questions just to allow for the multiple choice question not to end up with scroll bars (unless anyone else has a tip for getting the height to grow dynamically without spiling out the Enter button)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @JohnMacHale ! While this isn’t currently in the roadmap, we’ll post an update if anything changes. 

I am also looking for this feature.  Has typeform figured out a way to display multiple choice in several columns yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JMIN - look to the right hand side of the question: toggle the vertical alignment to off, as in the image below.