Answered

Don't want to ask for name or email address

• 8 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there - I want to drip feed out a series of single survey questions via email as part of a training campaign (ballpark 50 emails over 50 days).

I have no real preference on whether the Typeform question is embedded in the email, or whether there is a link in the email to the Typeform.

But I really don’t want my recipients to have to input their name and/or email address for each survey question! 

Is there any way to achieve what I’m trying to do here? 

icon

Best answer by Mariana 10 March 2021, 17:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @antpugh. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

Sure thing! You can use hidden fields for this purpose. All you need to do is adding this information to the email before sending it to the respondent. This way, when the form is submitted, the email, name or any other information you've added, will be shown in the Results panel. 

Let us know how it goes! :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mariana - this is great, thanks!! But I’m not sure I fully understand. Please can you talk me through the process? When you say “all you need to do is add this information to the email” - what do you mean? I will be emailing people (I can definitely add their name in. the emails), but they will be clicking on a link in the email to access the Typeform. I want their name to be added to that Typeform without them having to add it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @antpugh. Sure thing!

First, you'll add a hidden field:

Then, you publish your form and grab the URL of your typeform from the Share Panel. It'll look like this: https://tutorials.typeform.com/to/nzthWI#name=xxxxx

The “xxxxx” after “name=” is the Hidden Field. The “xxxxx” needs to be replaced with real data in order for the typeform to pass the data into your Results

Then… How do you make this work? There are 2 ways to implement this feature:

1. Manually - you manually type something in the URL before sharing your typeform.

2. Automation - you can use your CRM or Marketing Automation system (Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Netsuite, MailChimp, etc.) to populate your data, so up to thousands of people can receive a customized URL with their Hidden Field. You can learn more here: Hidden Fields & How to populate them with a CRM.

Hope this clarifies a bit :) 

Userlevel 1

Great thanks. Do you know if this is possible with Salesforce or ConvertKit? 

Userlevel 1

Hi

I want to drip feed out a series of  survey questions via telegram.

But I really don’t want my recipients to have to input their name and no for survey question! 

Is there any way to achieve what I’m trying to do here

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @antpugh. Most likely, it is! But your best bet would be checking directly with them how you can replace a static word with the information they have on their end. =) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @johanthomas. Welcome to the Typeform Community! =)

I moved your question here as I believe the thread will help you to understand your options if you're not willing to ask for the respondent's name. Let us know if you have any further questions! :)