Answered

Dropdown list in Facebook Messenger

• 19 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys,

We have a dropdown list with autocomplete which works perfectly in the standard version of our form. 

When trying to integrate our form to FB Messenger (so that our form would be a kind of chat-bot), this question doesn’t work well. (all the rests works great by the way)

The user needs to scroll right (it’s not even scrolling down) to chose an answer among our 200 propositions. It doesn’t make much sense.

As far as we know, there is no autocomplete answer that works for Messenger, am I right ?

If anyone already faced a similar problem, and has a solution, that would make my day !

Damien

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 April 2021, 20:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Remoter ,

From a fellow user, if the dropdown option works well in your Typeform but isn’t in FB Messenger, it likely is the limitation of Messenger. I haven’t tried to do this so I’m tagging a couple of people who might be more resourceful to you.

@Liz @Mariana  - can you help @Remoter , please? Not sure if you had seen this question yet so thought I’d tag you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Remoter thanks for stopping by! We don’t currently have an integration with Messenger for our chatbot, so part of the issue could be related to any custom setup you have. Would you mind sharing a bit about how you have the form shared in the Messenger app? Thanks!