Answered

Duplicating an entire workspace

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I have a Typeform workspace which has about 30 forms in it. These forms connect to each other using Endings (Redirect to URL), passing hidden variables along with the URL. 

I wanted to make several copies of this workspace. Is there is an easy way to do this?

Currently the only way I have is to create a new workspace, manually copy each of my 30 forms to the new workspace, and manually edit the Endings on all of them so that those URLs now point to the newly created duplicate copies of the forms that they were originally pointing to.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Best,

Balu

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 March 2023, 15:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Balu Happy little Friday! Thanks for stopping by. 

We don’t have this feature available, but this is an interesting idea. Do you mind sharing your use case for duplicating an entire workspace multiple times? 

Hey @Liz Happy little Friday to you too!

Thank you for the response.
I need the form to be split up into multiple forms to allow for some logic that is hard to implement within a single form.

Eg: if you want to add an unknown number of family members’ details, I can have a “junction” form that asks if they want to add more members, a “details” form that collects the details, and connect their endings to each other with logic. I can’t do this in a single form unless I want to duplicate the “details” form content ‘n’ times in series.

My form is also pretty long, so I have to make sure that I split it up to collect the partial responses that we get - not just to identify the drop-off points (I know we can do that in the insights tab) but also to get the data entered up to that point.

So that is why my workspace is actually just a single form, split into multiple Typeforms. So basically, for me, duplicating the workspace has the same use-case as duplicating a form.

Best, 

Balu

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Balu Ah, got it. Thank you! That helps me understand the use case better. 

Hey @Liz, could I second a vote for duplicating whole workspaces (I’m assuming you work for Typeform, if not, I’m sorry for linking you to this).

I’m using Typeform for quizzes to help nurses learn different topics.  Each topic contains 4 different types of quizzes. I have made these as templates and it would be great to duplicate a whole workspace per module, prefilled with the quiz templates already there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@carrings I do work for typeform! 😁 I’ll pass along your use case for this feature request - thank you so much for sharing!