Answered

Email Id Validation

• 14 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I would like to validate email ids to be work email addresses and not the gmail or yahoo ids.

Can i do that in Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 October 2021, 16:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rupashri Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by the community! You could use logic jumps to set this up. I created a video about this a bit back to show how to do this with Gmail domains, but you could use the same process for whatever domain you’re checking for: 

Would that work for you? 

Hi @rupashri Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by the community! You could use logic jumps to set this up. I created a video about this a bit back to show how to do this with Gmail domains, but you could use the same process for whatever domain you’re checking for: 

Would that work for you? 

Thank you Liz (y)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome, @rupashri ! Let me know if I can help answer anything else!

Userlevel 1

Liz, the problem with this approach is twofold:

1. There are thousands of free email providers, and they change all the time, even if gmail, yahoo, and hotmail are most of them.  To use your Logic approach would be some serious grunt work.  You guys should simply support that instead of making your customers enter 2,000 Logic rules.
  2. If the user does enter a personal email address, there doesn’t seem to be a solution to give them a chance to correct it. Because their email is only evaluated after they submit, and once they submit, they move on to a different question (whatever piping you set up with Logic) and if you give them an email address field on that destination, Typeform will treat it as a different field.   When synching with a CRM, I’m pretty sure you can’t map two email address fields in Typeform to one email address field in the CRM.

This is not a small problem.  CRMs use the email address to look up the company and all its associated info and kick off a ton of downstream processes.   It would be a total dealbreaker if Typeform Business doesn’t handle this fundamental thing cleanly.  

Hopefully I’ve misunderstood something somewhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wade-ev Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing this feedback! As email verification isn’t a feature we currently offer, hopefully you can still utilize the workaround above. In the meantime, I’m happy to share this feedback with the product team. 😁

Hi @wade-ev Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing this feedback! As email verification isn’t a feature we currently offer, hopefully you can still utilize the workaround above. In the meantime, I’m happy to share this feedback with the product team. 😁

This is a very essential feature that other companies offer. We seriously need it for our CRM integrations.